1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would any Rocket fan draft Jordan over Hakeem?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 2, 2015.

?

Would any Rocket fan draft Jordan over Hakeem?

1. No, Hakeem represented Houston

83 vote(s)
    41.3%
  2. No, Clutch City championships brought us happiness

48 vote(s)
    23.9%
  3. No, Hakeem still loves the Rockets, Jordan doesn't love Chicago

19 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. No, only fake Rockets fans would do that

51 vote(s)
    25.4%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, and you didn't realize the Rockets made the NBA Finals in 1986.
    The Rockets had two all stars Ralph Sampson and Olajuwon that rocked the defending champion Lakers to make the finals.

So think before you were born, cause Jordan and Dream came out in 1984.

1 person likes this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

tinman was prompted by a non-clutch fan.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

don't worry brother,
    fleas don't stop my mission

4. joncarlotan

joncarlotan New Member

no. but i would trade sampson and whoever for jordan

1 person likes this.
  5. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

6. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Jordan wouldn't have won 6 chips on the Rockets. I don't even know if he'd won two.

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Tinman makes clutchfans suck

8. tinman

Supporting Member

the correct answer

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Firstly, if you look at the exact post you replied to, you will clearly see my opening line is " I didn't watch MJ or Hakeem play" you don't have to guess about anything. And secondly, many consider Lebron to be in contention to be the best of all time. Not that I think he is, I think he's behind Jordan at this point in his career.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y-FbhBM9uvU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

here it is.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You all forget that Jordan was as loyal as Hakeem except for his baseball fling.
    If you take Jordan, then you will obviously do not trade for Drexler and will get another very good big man instead.

Obviously I doubt we would have won 6 ships with him because we would not have Phil Jackson.

I would guess 2-3 championships

This is just a fantasy scenario. We drafted Olaju and we stuck with him till he became a Raptor.

12. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Tinman is extremely sensitive. It has been close to a decade and they guy still can't stop replying to comments relating to McGrady.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

1. the Rockets had a big man who was center, his name was Ralph Sampson, an all star

2. Portland would have picked Hakeem and paired him up with a PRIME CLYDE DREXLER, don't forget they drafted DRAZEN PETROVIC in 89

yeah. Dream, Clyde, Petrovic

3. Clutch posted an article about the greatest Rocket ever dropping a signature move on a youngster and what do we get?

newbs -'draft Jordan instead' newbs-'it was as simple spin' move

EVIL

14. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Seriously, you are like a biter old girlfriend.

Instead of starting a legitimate thread on a interesting historical discussion point, instead it is you just seeking attention.

Get over yourself fool.

15. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

With Hakeem injuries are an excuse, but never let the T-Mac **** go.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Oh Tmac fan, you know nothing.

That was Ralph Sampson you fake Rockets fan.

Yeah Hakeem broke his eye socket against the bulls, guess what? he still won 2 championships and an MVP and played in 140 playoff games

Tmac played in 20 playoffs as a Rocket

Tmac these nuts

You let Tmac go, he's not going to win any titles or championships or even get to the second round. his career is freaking over.

harden already passed him up like the road runner did the coyote.

#76 tinman, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  17. whozee

whozee Member

I'll take the guy who won MVP, DPOY and finals MVP in the same year.

18. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

I know that is ralph Sampson you dumbass. You are using injuries to excuse the team not winning when you don't use it as an excuse for T-Mac.

Can you read or is nuance and context something that is above you?

Now, you let T-Mac go. You are the one who posts about him all the time, not me. I care about the current Rockets, not living in the past trolling message boards members.

Your lack of nuance is so evident you took my post as an attack on Dream and a defence of T-mac. You are so emotional and desperate for attention you see someone call you out for something and go on a rant of mindless dribble that we have all read before.

Yes, T-Mac played 20 playoff games with a screw of David Wesley, Ryan Bowen, Bob Sure. A bunch of ****ing scrubs.

I tlak about how you approach one player's record, compared to another than rant as if I said something bad about Hakeem.

Just like because you saw someone have an opinion you didn't agree with which was perfectly valid.

You have been and always will be a attention seeking, trolling, b****.

Drafting Jordan over Dream is a legitimate, valid opinion yet because you have a Harden for Dream, you start a thread that just screams..."Look at me! Look at me!"

T-mac didn't success because of how he handled his injuries and the team around him. Dream didn't win in the 80's because his team was on drugs and/or injured. One guy you b**** about for a decade and another causes this type of tread when they are put drafting Jordan ahead of drafting Hakeem.

Everyone sees through your ****, a ****ing loser looking for attention online. Get over yourself.

19. MistaK

MistaK Member

No he is not, because he retired!!

Yes his career is over, he retired, but he did make it out of the second round to be fair!! :grin:

Back on topic, I would take Hakeem in a redraft. Why change franchise history. No telling how many titles MJ would have won if he were a Rocket. Hakeem IMO is the greatest center of all time and one of the few players who actually, pretty much, 'single-handedly' carried a team to a championship. During the course of their respective careers, both Jordan and Hakeem had years where they were clearly the best player in the league.

But Tinman you really gotta chill!! - if people here would take Jordan over Hakeem (if they consider Jordan to be the GOAT), then that's fine. People are entitled to their opinions you know. This is a forum to discuss basketball - so let people discuss. Why go on cyber crusades if you disagree with what people have to say? You somehow remind me of an internet version of this person

[​IMG]

20. abaker28

abaker28 Member

How long until preseason starts? People are getting toey around here already.