1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Trades in History?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Brando2101, Apr 5, 2017.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I agree man. Phoenix gave away Luol Deng Rajon Rondo Rudy Fernandez and others for nothing just because their owner is ultra cheap.

roslolian likes this.
  2. ling ling

ling ling Member

Ralph Sampson for Micheal Jordan and Clyde Drexler.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Actually if you listened to Harden after the trade he was basically saying he would have settled for the current offer, its just OKC traded him without giving him the chance to accept the offer. Harden's a guy who doesn't like to change teams, its one of the things I liked about him I was confident he was gonna sign a long term deal with Houston even with the mess that was last year.

But regardless OKC still underestimated his ability. Sure Harden played great against tge Spurs but he followed that up with a stinker in the next round. As I was saying OKC never thought he was gonna be this good. No one did.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Morey? Since when was Morey GM of Orlando?

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Agree 100% on this. Also KD wouldnt have jumped ship because Harden is a joy to play with unlike Westbrick who has to have everything his way.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rememeber when Danny Ferry was selected #2 by the Clippers and refused to play for them so went to Italy.

CLE traded a young (20ppg) Ron Harper, two 1st picks and a second for the rights to Ferry.

Whatever became of those picks?

#86 heypartner, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    Yung-T likes this.
  7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Ron Harper, I believe, not Derek.

Just checked the picks. It was Loy Vaught and Elmore Spencer. Loy Vaught was a good NBA player.

#87 Patience, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    Yung-T and heypartner like this.
  8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I didn't say he was. I just said that that trade was yet another terrible trade.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think the Celtics trade has to be no1 can't even be close. Multiple top 5 picks for old kg and pp?

da_juice and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Those are the 1st 3 that hit my mind too

Fulgore likes this.