1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Starting PG in the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mozart123, Jan 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Steve_Francis_rules

While Blake is a better percentage shooter than Rafer, it's really unfair to pick a horrible shooting night for Rafer and a great shooting night for Blake and call those typical. Rafer is a better shooter than 23% and 16% on threes, while Blake is not a 50% shooter on average.

2. renwickftw

renwickftw Member

At least Rafer doesnt choke on 5 of 6 free throws down the stretch. :rolleyes: But he is at the bottom of the pack, bottom 3 I would say (Rafer that is). He just isnt Skip anymore. And may I add that he is the worst finisher out of the all the starting PGs?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rafer is the arse end.

DD

4. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

Alston, Felton, Blake, Udrih, and Chalmers are all better than Derek Fisher right now.

5. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

i used to like raymond felton a lot in his rookie year..what happened to him? i thought he's suppose to be one of the best young pgs after paul and williams?
    he's shooting .294 from 3 this year..

6. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Rafer and Rondo(only because I hate his punk ass).

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am no Rafer fan. But the Rafer hatred is getting pretty overblown here. If Rafer is the worst starting PG, then what is Mike James, who couldn't even sniff the floor over Rafer's backup?

8. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Did you watch the Wiz game?

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I didn't watch THIS game. But I did watch some Mike James' games with the Wiz. What I am saying is, the best comparison you can put on two players is when they are given the SAME SITUATION.

Unfortunately, it is very hard to find two players in the same situation. That's why it is pretty meaningless to say who is the "worse" player in a bunch, because you can't really compare these guys playing with very different teammates.

But in our case, James and Alston were on the same team with the same teammates and same coach. One was the starter. The other was the third stringer who was traded for a bag of chips. (Not to mentioned he hardly saw any PT in the team he was traded to either. Coincidentally, both the Rockets and the Hornets are way better teams than the Wizzards.) Tell me which is the better player.

10. fmp087

fmp087 Member

The players you mentioned that may be lesser qualified as starting NBA PG's then Rafer Alston, imagine them on the Rockets team, they would make Rafer look like a NBDL player.

11. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

Since so much of the discussion seems to be centered on comparing Rafer Alston to other PGs in the league, this thread should be moved to the "Houston Rockets 2009: Game Action & Roster Moves" forum IMO.