1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Rockets Lineup Ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Jun 18, 2002.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

I have been following the Rockets since they moved from San Diego, and there have been some dark days, but I really believe that the current lineup plays the worst team basketball. They are certainly the least entertaining. What is so frustrating is that the current lineup includes some of the most talented players to ever play for the Rockets, they just don't play as a team.

Despite injuries, the responsibility largely falls on Rudy, C.D., and their staffs. Rudy is one of my favorite Rocket's of all time, but the organization has recently made some horrible moves (Cato, Rice, Norris) and some good ones (Griffin, Mobley), but it is time to step up, correct the mistakes, and make some smart moves.

2. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

hey, matt maloney wasnt THAT bad. i remember one playoff game against the sonics where he hit like five hundred threes. the injuries done him in.

i belive jason collier should be added to that list. and bill curly.

antoine carr was traded to vancouver i think in the francis deal and i havent heard a word about him since.

3. Eddie!Eddie!

Eddie!Eddie! Member

In totall agreement solid, but don't forget the Pippen signing that left us stuck with Cato, W.Williams,C.Rodgers etc. I think we will be better this year with a man to play center (strong accent on man,Ming may never be great but he sure beats the HE!! out of Cato), and IF Rudy makes them play D.

4. mav3434

mav3434 Member

One of the worst teams I have ever seen with my own two eyes was the Rox back in 82-83, right after the Malone trade and before Sampson. Those guys were bad! I don't remember watching them on tv as I was pretty young, but I remember going to what I believe wre my 2nd and 3d rocket games ever, vs. San Diego Clips and vs. the Bullets. Our lineup was just hideous. I distinctly remember our only good offensive player those two nights was James Bailey. James Bailey for god's sake! (I think Terry Teagle was statistically our go-to guy that year if that tells you anything). Caldwell Jones was the other main low post threat. For those of you who don't remember, Caldwell made brother Charles look like Kareem by comparison.

In the Clips game, they got schooled by a pathetic broken down Bill Walton, and in the Bullets Game the rockets got absolutely eaten up by Jeff Ruland, who had a shooting range of about 3 inches. For one of the games they handed out these canvas Rockets promotional bags. By the mid 3d quarter, everybody was wearing them on their heads. Good times........except for the rox sucking and all that.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

PG - Cato
    SG - Cato
    SF - Cato
    PF - Cato
    C - Cato

I guess you get my drift....

6. JamesC

JamesC Member

Didnt the rockets sign Bill Curley to a 10 day contract?

7. JamesC

JamesC Member

They also had Charles Jones and Earl Cureton

8. JamesC

JamesC Member

Didnt Richard Petruska drop the trophy after they won the 1st championship?

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Man, this just brings back memories to some of the Rockets' rejects in Rockets history....now where's Bill Worrell when you need him to broadcast this....