1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Rockets Line-up of all time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by We're Back, May 28, 2003.

1. We're Back

We're Back Member

C-Chuck Nevitt
    PF-Granville Waiters
    SF-Buck Johnson
    SG-Derrick Chievous
    PG-Moochie

2. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

thomas hamilton at the 5?

3. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Moochie ain't that bad.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

C Caldwell Jones
    F James Bailey
    F Robert Reid
    G Terry Teagle
    G Allen Leavell

This one was actually real though....:(

5. We're Back

We're Back Member

Arguable. Maybe a new coach will help Moochie get his mojo back and be serviceable. I would than replace him with Bryce Drew. Doubtful though.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

C-Thomas 'two sammiches' Hamilton
    PF-Carlos Rogers
    SF-Buck Johnson
    SG-Rodrick Rhodes
    PG-i'll have to give this one to Moochie...he wouldn't have been here but that contract is making him stick out.

AND this is just my memory of some of the bad players we had...i know there's A LOT more.

7. Fatty FatBastard

C-Charles Jones
    PF-Adrian Caldwelll
    SF-Tim Breaux
    SG-Elmer Bennett (sorry Bellaire alum's)
    PG-Melvin Booker

8. steddinotayto

hahahha Booker....i think Jones was more serviceable during garbage time than Hamilton was at any time.....sorta...hahah

9. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

C - Zan Tabak
    PF - Dave Feitl
    SF- Dan Langhi
    SG - Tim Breaux
    PG - Winston Garland

10. tigereye

tigereye Member

I'll take Moocie out of this because he had one unforgetable game two years back compared to be rest of these jokers who havent done a damn thing. I cant remember who we played that night. The game I speak of is one where the Rox went to overtime and Moochie couldnt actually miss a shot. He did everything including key steals and rebounds and Bill and Calvin and the crowd went absolute nuts. They chanted his name and he recieved a standing O'. That was simply unforgetable........until he started playing like a CBA 3rd stringer again. But for that game he is off my list.

And Rodrick Rhodes was actually pretty good. I dont think he belongs there either. As long as people still remember Tim Breaux, I dont think Rhodes will be on that list.

And since I am going back in time to the good ole' days, what ever happened to Turbo's flying mascot buddies like Eclipse? They were cool back in tha' day.

11. steddinotayto

they were the **** back then. they went to my middle school hahahahaha. what a hoot.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Dave Jameson

13. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

C- Zan Tabak (he got a ring for what?) at least charles jones had his moment in the sun against david robinson... Thomas Hamilton gave us some laughs when put on oliver miller... and he didn't cost us anything... somehow petruska's name came up on my list...

PF- My memory's fading... there was this guy that we signed.. this white guy for a 10 day contract while half our team was injured. That guy was huffing and puffing up and down the court.. if only I could remember. But that was kinda embarassing.. every basket he scored Calvin was all excited about it. Other than that... what has Chris Jent done for us? =P

SF- If it's about what we paid for and what we got.. Pippen... but when it came to talent level and what he produced as a Rocket...

SG- Rodrick Rhodes... pretty high first rounder that didn't do much but shoot from that same spot about 18 feet away. I'm serious.. if the defender's standing on that spot he wouldn't know what to do!! Glad we traded him to get Sam Mack back

PG- Moochie had his year but that money made him stand out.. but can't put him here really... Bryce Drew was expected so much out of.. so much we passed on Rashard Lewis. then again there's Brent Price's "big" contract. Randy Livingston was all hyped up too... but I guess you can blame it on his knee injuries... or the shape of his head.

14. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

Granville Waiters
    Richard Anderson
    Chuck Nevitt
    Dirk Minniefield
    Conner Henry

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Bill Curley has to be on this team.

16. Houston-in-LA

Houston-in-LA Member

C-Zan Tabak
    PF- Pete Chilcutt
    SF-Scottie Pippen
    SG-Tim Breaux
    PG-Randy Livingston

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

yes he is.

He also gets my vote for all time dumbest Rocket if that poll ever comes out.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

You do realize that Robert Reid was a very big contributor and starter on two different Rockets teams that went to the finals in the 80's don't you. Allen Leavell was not too shabby either.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Matt Maloney

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Drew was becoming quite the positive at the time he blew out the knee. I still believe had he stayed healthy that Rock team wouldacoulda best Da Bulls (in '97). I still believe.