1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Procrastination Story

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jayzers_100, Jul 28, 2014.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Just get off your high horse and you'll be fine.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:cool:

3. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Let's see when I was in high school I got pulled over in Galveston and got 4 tickets, I lived in Katy so I never showed up to court and said F it. 4 tickets turned into 8 warrants in Galveston and I didnt give a F. Sure enough it was time to renew my license and I couldnt cause of the warrants. When it was all said an done I paid a lawyer $3500 to take care of it, had to borrow the money from my parents lol boy they were pissed!

I use to own a Jetta 8 yrs ago. Once I hit 100k on it everybody including my dad kept telling me to have the timing belt replaced. I looked into it and it was aroung $700 to get done. I said F that. One day I was driving home from work and my Jetta completely shut down on me. Guess what?? I was my timing belt. Ended up paying $2500 to get that **** repaired and fixed.

At the end atleast I learn from these mistakes and always show up to court and keep up with my maitanance in my vehicles.

4. Bob Barker 007

My friend, a Stanford law student, did not attend a single lecture or do one page of reading for some class and showed up for the final high on crack. He left the exam room to purchase the book for the class, came back, read one case and paraphrased it, added his own little blurb at the end and got a B+ for the class.

I had a high school psych test that had a 700 question, 3 hour final which was all true and false and given in advance. 2 hours before the test I memorized all the trues and got 100%.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hmm, doesn't seem that bad if it was given in advance?

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Here's one.

My best friend died in May. He was a horrible procrastinator and his death certificate is dated three days after he was pronounced legally dead at the hospital.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't hate all of you, but I agree with this poster.

For being the "worst" procrastination story, most of the anecdotes presented here have you guys coming out of your situation smelling like roses.

Except for the Timing Belt guy. That just sucks, lol.

Not sure what this thread is exactly for, but I expected a lot more "oh dang, that sucks! Wouldn't wanna be you!" moments, versus "I'm the token guy who did awesomely despite not preparing very well" moments, haha.

8. SwoLy-D

I agree with you, sir ^. Most people won't like it when you tell them the honest truth (that they're LAZY enough to be "procrastinators"), but would like to hear that they're "cool" to get an A or a B on an exam or assignment. That's sort of sinister and F#@)$(*#)ed up. :eek:

9. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I'm sorry that we're too smart and aced our exams.

:eek:

10. SwoLy-D

Memorizing isn't "smart." It's not the same thing. Maybe I should have specified that just acing an exam isn't lazy.:eek:

I'm talking about those exams for which you have to study, or the assignments that you have to turn in on a certain date, but you are lazy to start with enough time in advance on it. You can't really start an exam but until you show up for it.

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I should have titled it "Best Procrastination Stories" because I believe the succesful ones are an inspiration. More often than not, people get screwed over by it haha. But I like hearing both sides of it..just for amusement sake

12. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

I disagree, sir. Procrastinators are by no means lazy, despite the common misconceptions.

Would a lazy person be willing to dedicate hours upon hours of work to complete a torturously tedious project? Would a lazy person be willing to stay up into the wee hours of the morning, faced with the prospect of getting no sleep at all, just to write a paper? Nay, a lazy person would just go to sleep, preferring the comforts of a warm bed to handing in an assignment on time.

A procrastinator, meanwhile, stares into the abyss, fighting off unrelenting despair and exhaustion to do what no truly lazy person would ever consider: hard work.

Procrastinators, in my humble opinion, are exemplars of personal achievement: people willing to sacrifice their own well-being in order to achieve greatness.

:)

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not sure if srs, but:

[​IMG]

14. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Swoly you're too funny.

You're talking about exams for Accounting and Economics?

Since you have to learn how to do those things instead of memorizing them.

If you are, then it doesn't matter, caused I still aced it.

I studied two hours before the exam and ended up getting the highest grade.

So I don't know what you're talking about.

15. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Does anyone else have my particular mutated version of the procrastination gene in them?

It's not that I wait until the very last minute to complete an assignment with no room for error. It's that I wait until it's almost the very last minute and then I fart around with the assignment while I'm working on it and end up turning it in just under the wire.

Example:

I have an assignment due at midnight. I think that it will take me a solid five or six hours to complete. I start at 6 or so, plow through a good chunk of it faster than I thought I would, and because I'm now "ahead of schedule," I proceed to just browse the internet for 30 minutes or watch something on TV for a while. Then I get back to work and plow through another portion before slacking off again, etc. etc. Eventually, I turn the thing in just before the deadline when I could have easily been done with it much sooner.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

wow what a NERD.

joking. fellow acct/finance major

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I should have done acct/finance/eco.
    I loved that **** in high school and I decided to do computer science instead. :(

18. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Epic!

I like you even more now as a poster.

Trying to major in Accounting.

Should have done it.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Do you have ADHD?

Edit: I meant this as a serious question

#59 shastarocket, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  20. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Ok, hate was the wrong word, but I am definitely jealous of people who can produce equal quality work in shorter time and less planning than it takes me.

Really though, most of these stories can't qualify for the worst procrastination story