1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Procrastination Story

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jayzers_100, Jul 28, 2014.

1. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I always try to procrastinate at least until the last few days before a paper is due in Undergrad at UT(and it works out very well), but I'm thinking that won't serve me well when I go to law school after I graduate.

2. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Same here. I hate being late to anything, and I usually plan ahead (sometimes too far/detailed). Although I do have some procrastination stories.

When I first went to college, I couldn't believe a lot of the classes didn't take attendance. I got the syllabus the first day of class, and only showed up on test days whenever possible. We had to turn in a 10 page paper the same day as the final. When I looked at the syllabus the night before the final after a long/hard day of Runescape (around 11pm), I realized the paper was due. Just my luck, it was an 8am class.....

I spent the next 8 hours writing that damn thing, and was estatic when I found out I got a B. Of course, I had no time to study for the final (although I doubt I would have) and ended up with a C on it.

I ended up with a B in the class. To be honest, for as little work as I did, I couldn't have been happier. I did learn a lesson though. If I'm going to pay for this education, I may as well get something out of it.....so I started going the day before exams too ;)

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I used to be the biggest procastinator.

Thankfully I had great friends who would bail me out. Don't bring that ethics crap in here.

And funny thing is I used to kick all their arses come exam time.

Minimum effort - Maximum returns

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

50+ paper due on a feasibility study of hotels in a particular area. Had a partner and three months to finish.

Started at 6:00PM on Thursday when the paper and a presentation are due on Friday at 10:00AM. Probably wasted about 4-5 hours in between playing video games, but still managed to finish somehow.

Think I got a B.

5. SuraGotMadHops

This thread stresses me out.

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

My DL expired a couple years ago. Do I win?

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Everything I ever do. Beat that, chumps.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I waited too long to pull out.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It's cool... that guy and you will be OK... because guys can't get pregnant. :p

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If I was attracted to the opposite sex, I wouldn't be ashamed of it, so your post reeks of someone who believes that it is offensive to be thought of as homosexual. I've also known that men could not get pregnant from a very early age, despite a horrible movie trying to convince us otherwise. There is nothing you can teach me about sex, Mr. Missionary.

11. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I hate all of you and your stories of starting projects the night before only to get a B or A on the assignment.

I started an engineering report/presentation the night before at 5pm, due at 10am the next morning. This is the only time I have left something of this magnitude to the last few hours. I wrote an absolutely terrible report and presented an even worse presentation and got a C+ in the class.

Some people can procrastinate and focus under extreme pressure - I am not one of them.

I have to start things well in advance; I can finish reports/essays/projects in the last few hours, but I can't work start to finish like these stories above.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  12. SwoLy-D

So you ARE homosexual, you say... right? :eek:

I love the opposite sex, especially BOOBs and vaginas.

Quotable quote is quotable, not that there's anything wrong with that. :grin:

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

See, there you go again. Fell right into my trap, homophobe.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I don't change the inspection sticker on my car until I get a ticket for it. Oops.

15. SwoLy-D

I have never said I am scared of you or any homosexual dude or woman at all... and I am NOT afraid of you... honestly, man. :grin: If you want to be homosexual, it's cool! Go and BE FREE!

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Any time I had to write a paper whether it was high school, college, or grad school, I always waited til the very end to work on it. The worst was a research paper in senior English on arthritis. I started at 7 the night before it was due and finished around 1 in the morning. Think I got an A.

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Just walk away from the keyboard as your d**cheness knows no bounds at this point.

1 person likes this.
  18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That is his worst procrastination story and I'm pretty sure the entirety of this BBS agrees.

1 person likes this.
  19. Classic

Classic Member

Took me 3 seconds to agree.

20. SwoLy-D

That's Classic! ^ LOL! :grin:
    Hey, hey, hey... I don't tell you what to do, mister music lover. :eek: