1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst movie ever?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by arno_ed, Jul 28, 2015.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Also Paul Blart 2

2. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

I'm so disappointed in all of you. The fact that we're on page 4 and no one has mentioned this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rNlmRId2FVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The worst scene in probably the worst movie in the history of cinema

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I thought Cloverfield was good. It's an underrated movie.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, is Avatar: The Last Airbender the TV show worth watching?

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Many great candidates in this thread, but I think Plan 9 From Outer Space is always considered a finalist in this category.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oHRq80QNnJM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Apologies if already mentioned -- I didn't see it.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

First wrong move was hiring M Night, who had no experience with that kind of movie. Second mistake was getting kids who were terrible actors even by kid actor standards. And third, I read that Paramount and Nickelodeon Studios were so controlling that towards the end of filming everyone on set was just wanting it to be over.

In reality it probably should have never been made into a live action movie. Korra, on the other hand, I could see. Hollywood is all about strong young women in trilogies. And the characters are in their 20s by the time the series ended, so you could get people with actual acting ability - and then just teach them some martial arts. Instead of getting someone who knows martial arts but is terrified on camera, like M Night chose to do.

7. dragician

dragician Member

Million Dollar Baby

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yes, for sure. I binge watched that series after it was over.

It feels good to watch too because each season is better than the previous one, and the series finale is a grand slam.

That said... it is a kid's TV show. So expect that. A good and intelligent kid's show, but it's a kid's show. I know you're saying "no s***, Sherlock" but just wanted to throw that out there. Legend of Korra, on the other hand, is less of a kid's show - but it's also not as good a show (except season 3 which is excellent) and probably also not as enjoyable if you haven't already seen A:TLA.

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I think you're going to be in the minority on that one...

I will add:

Anchorman 2 - I turned it off about 10 minutes into it during the slow mo scorpion scene just garbage

The Birdcage

Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Next Generation - Matthew McConaughey and Renee Zellweger in the stupidest POS horror movie I've ever seen.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Mortal Kombat Annihilation

12. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Birdemic
    rubber

Both are terrible.

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Miami Connection - A martial arts 80's rock band goes up against a band of motorcycle ninjas who have tightened their grip on Florida's narcotics trade.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oVtyOwcQo-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Every scary movie ever.

Seriously, to me there is no such thing as a good scary movie. Also no such thing as a bad comedy, unless it's a "drama comedy", those can suck pretty bad.

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

If the movie is terrible, I usually don't stick around to finish watching it.

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Silence of the Lambs? Poltergeist? Jaws?

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This reminds me of "He's My Girl," about the guy who wins a songwriting contest but gets his black male friend to pretend to be a girl and collect the prize.

18. VanityHalfBlack

The thread title is worst movie. You mean to tell me you didn't crack a smile once while watching it? What about fathers? You don't like this line?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JyRAdB2TwvQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Think a lot of these movies are more personal dissapointments/hate than downright bad.

Bad would be Showgirls, Batman and Robin, Battfield Earth, Freddy Got Fingered, Gigli. No redeeming qualities in these movies...well maybe one for Showgirls. But I couldn't get through any of them (except Batman) they were so horrible.

Movies I hate... Hellboy, Pearl Harbor, Bad Boys I&II, Indy 4: Crystal Skull (the original script was so much better), Transformers 2, Lethal Weapon 4, Die Hard 4, X Men 3, Thor 2, Iron Man 2, Blair Witch just to name a few.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I actually liked Cloverfield.