1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst injury you have suffered?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jae713, Apr 30, 2012.

1. jae713

jae713 Member

Like the title says. I want to see how many tough mother'f'ers we have in here.
    I have had two pretty bad ones. I cut my arm on the outside just below the wrist with broken glass. It wasn't very painful but the stream of blood squirting out freaked me the **** out. The second was while playing basketball about three years ago I blew my knee out. By far the most painful thing I have experienced so far in my life. Never went to the doctor to get it checked it out. I'm planning on going in a couple months to finally get it fixed. (Finally got some health insurance)

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

Ruptured 4 discs in my back back in 1994. I remember having to use a walker to get around for a while. Not a cool look when trying to pickup chicks at the old apartment complex.

Only other injury I've had, and this doesn't seem like a big deal, but it hurt like a big ol MFer, was bursitis in my elbow. Aside from my back injury, one of the most painful things I have experienced. When they drained it, I thought I was going to faint.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I tore up some tendons in my ankle and couldn't walk for a month.
    Back spasms, I had for a little while. Hurt like hell.
    That being said I consider myself to be very fortunate that I haven't broken anything ever.

4. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

Was riding my bike fast and fell on a pile of small rocks. Some flesh was hanging out from my knee.

5. Dei

Dei Member

Circumcision. It doesn't have any medical benefits. I have to live with a mutilated dick and less satisfying sex because of some superstition.

1 person likes this.
  6. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Cut off the tip of my index finger kinda like Whitney Mercilus. Hurt like a b****

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Broke my left wrist after I fell off my bicycle when I was in grade 3.
    Broke my right wrist after falling on my right hand from going up for a rebound in basketball. I didnt know it was broken at the time and kept on playing. When I woke up the next day my right wrist was hurting like a mother.

8. jae713

jae713 Member

Same here. I was talking to a friend of mine and I never noticed, but his calve has a big chunk of meat missing. He said he was climbing a fence when he was younger and slipped and the point at the top of the fence ripped his calve off.:eek: Terrible.

9. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I thought circumcision improved the 'sensation' down there?

10. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Torn ACL. Screwed up my Junior and Senior year of High School. Hurt like hell and a lost a ton of explosiveness and speed. Had to have reconstructive surgery and then a second surgery to shave off cartilage. My knee still clicks and hurts from time to time and it's been 7 years.

11. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

You're essentially cutting off 20,000 nerves.

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Got a papercut. Stings worse than a hangnail.

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

less chance of stds

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Bad drug deal -- I got chainsawed and skinned, but I came back stronger.

15. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Ankles sprains. Have sprained each ankle twice. All I'll say is that a severe ankle sprain will make a grown man want to cry. **** hurts like hell, especially if it's a sprain where a 'pop' is involved. :(

#15 BrieflySpeaking, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Torn meniscus. Just had surgery. Dealt with it for about a year until my knee locked up and never popped back. Definitely consider myself fortunate it was not an ACL or MCL.

17. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

nearly ruptured spleen

don't remember much. i do remember a kick ass childrens ward at whatever hospital i was at. they had a super nintendo and bunch of coloring books.

18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Broken heart

1 person likes this.
  19. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

Got my head cut off with a chainsaw, lol. Sorry had to do it.

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Tooth abscess. Upper moler. Worst pain ever.

I've cut my hand on a bicycle spoke, cut my knee open from falling on a blacktop (pebbles), had my knee and elbow hyperextended, and broken my nose (twice).

Outside of getting hit in the nuts, tooth aches without vicadin are the absolute worst.