1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Bands of All-Time (In Your Opinion)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cwebbster, Jan 22, 2015.

1. the shark

the shark Member

WOW :eek:

2. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

These guys.

[​IMG]

Which is really sad considering that CC Deville is actually a very skilled guitar player..you just never really hear it in any of their awful music

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Duran Duran, Insane Clown Posse, Guns N Roses (well Axl Rose)

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Modern day Flordia Georgia Line, Iggy Lameazalea

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Too broad of a question, so I'll limit it to worst band I've ever seen live:

Baroness

April 29, 2012 I went to see Meshuggah headline at the House of Blues in Houston.

IIRC, Decapitated (awesome band) opened the show and got it off to a great start.

Then Baroness came on to play before Meshuggah. I wasn't familiar with them at all, but about halfway into their second song I realized they were just the s***tiest pile of s*** that had ever taken a stage. The frontman had clean vocals which is perfectly fine, but he sounded like garbage. Obviously a guy whose voice is doctored on the band's CDs. The crowd after a few songs started to get obviously bored and as their set went on, some people started to boo. They were so bad, and they didn't fit at all playing alongside Decapitated and Meshuggah. I think most of the cheers when they left the stage were because people were just glad they were done.

http://youtu.be/4V0N1x675FQ

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

That's how I feel about the cults.

They opened for Foster the People one time, along with Reptar, and it was the most boring **** I had ever listened to. No idea how people like that.

I mean the Shins are boring.. But their music is decent. The Cults were just a snooze fest.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Lets just agree that Radiohead and LCD Soundsystem kick ass.

1 person likes this.
  8. The Drake

The Drake Member

LCD Soundsystem is another band whose acclaim I don't really get. I think I just have a blind spot for mid-2000s rock.

I feel like a jerk dissing local bands, but two of Austin's worst are Lord Buffalo and Summer Swells.

Special shout-out to my high school rock band, The Golden Mean. We were terrible.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why tho?

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

check out shut up and play the hits. it's on netflix. it is a mix of live songs from their last show, and video of the singer mostly doing random stuff.

but i was not really a fan after listening to some of their music in years past so i never gave them a chance. but at the least i like most of the songs they play on the movie/documentary live.

11. what

what Member

Oh, man I forgot, the worst act I ever saw: Kenny Wayne Shepard. The dude is a straight up tool. I mean he can play, but he's just doesn't give a **** anymore and it shows on stage in multiple ways.

KWS is terrible.

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Baroness is freaking awesome! And the video you posted sounds awesome. :confused:

And this video shows them live and sounding pretty bad ass.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/m3UgeEbI028?start=65" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maybe you caught them on a bad night? Or could just be you don't like crossover metal groups. Just listened to the two other bands you mentioned, and I have no idea why Baroness was playing with them.

#52 DCkid, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  13. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

LCD Soundsystem is great.....

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

KISS, Rush, Creed, Nickelback

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Could be. The band itself didn't seem too into the show. It was the first night of the North American tour so maybe they just weren't ready for it or something? I don't know. Either way, I was unimpressed.

Could be. I didn't even know that was a genre.

Yes, it was an odd pairing. I think most in attendance were thinking the same thing.

They might be a great band in their own right, but either way on that night - for whatever reason (wrong pairing, bad tuning/vocals, unprepared, tired, Houston metal crowds generally suck, whatever) - they put on a poor show.

On the flipside of my previous post...

Most surprisingly awesome band I've seen in a live show:

The Devin Townsend Project

I don't like any of their stuff when I listen to it on youtube, but damn that guy knows how to work a crowd and put on a show. After that set I finally realized why that guy is worshipped so much by metal fans.

16. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I've only read 1 page and I'm already mad.

17. Pete the Cheat

Aerosmith was Nickelback before there was Nickelback

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

WASP...all gimmick...no bite.

"Hey...watch me drink blood from a skull on stage. I'm cool!"

19. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

I second DCkid's post. I really enjoy some of their stuff quite a bit. I haven't seen them live, but I can imagine that if they played most of the stuff from their latest album, The Yellow and Green, then I can understand why you would be completely put off by the vocals. Simply put: the guy just can't sing. And the vocals do sound very doctored on the album to me as well.

If you're willing to give them a second chance, I highly recommend listening to the Red Album and the Blue Record. John Baizley has a really good harsh singing voice and both of the albums are just great post metal with some amazing guitar tones.

I do actually like The Yellow and Green musically. But those "clean" vocals! :eek:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aqQtnOM87yw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pmuFYVtV7d8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#59 deadlybulb, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  20. archinkent

archinkent Member

Insane Clown Posse.