1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worse 2 year period in Rockets history?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kubli9, Apr 8, 2022.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the worst I've experienced in 30 years as a Rocket fan, and fitting that it came in the 2020s. I can remember 2005-2006 being really disappointing because Yao broke his leg and losing 15 in a row in 2001-2002 was gut wrenching at the time. Anybody have a worse stretch they can remember?

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Not really answering your question. I enjoyed this year much more than last year. I bet next season will be even better as long as the young guys stay healthy.

cbass, wlekfjv923n, eliefor3 and 10 others like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah when Tilman dismantled a perennial contender that he was gifted with in a short span of 2 years. The summer of melo and then the summer of westbrick were two the of the dumbest offseasons in history. Filled with dumb acquisitions and transacations all in the name of LTS and the worst owner in the league. The meltdown of whats become now was seen a long time ago

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

He'll no... I don't know if it was a 2 yr period, but that Moochie Norris led team after sometime 96( I think) was horrible to watch... Felt like 2 yes at least

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  5. kubli9

Supporting Member

That was the 01-02 team. The Rockets were good in '96, are you 12?

6. H. Christopher

We have Jalen Green now OP. Future is bright.

cbass, Nelly and javal_lon like this.
  7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

13.. now stop replying , I'm in tutorials

eliefor3, Patience and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

A lost seasons would be a season where we have no hope, no future budding superstars etc.

This team has future stars and watching them develop is the purpose of this season.

The bad record this season is part of the plan. Trust the process assuming Silas isn't the permanent head coach for the team. I don't think the current coaching staff is the coaching staff that will be leading this core to deep playoff runs in a few seasons.

eliefor3 and javal_lon like this.
  9. kubli9

Supporting Member

I just can't believe you are on a Rockets forum thinking Moochie Norris led the team in 96. Sorry little Javal.

10. TimDuncanDonaut

It's certainly two of the worst. (bottom 4)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/. Can sort on the 'L' (descending)

1982-83 - 14W 68L (winning percentage .171)
    1967-68 - 15W 67L (.183)
    2021-22 - 20W 60L (.250) #two more games left
    2020-21 - 17W 55L (.236)

It's not lost on me that this team is historical bad. I hope we don't get used to it.

"Expectations lowered, but standards should not be lowered"

Head coach W-L record, I posted in a thread while back. Silas has the worst record of all Rockets head coaches.

#10 TimDuncanDonaut, Apr 8, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I can't b
    I did say sometime after 96... Brainfart.. it happens... And I'm older than you I'm sure... so keep it moving young fella

12. kubli9

Supporting Member

It starts to cheapen all the success the team had. Rockets could say they have been one of the most successful franchises in NBA history but are starting to slip.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Not as bad as trying to convince yourself after every game in 2011 that, if you look juuuuust right and if the stars align perfectly, Kevin Martin was going to lead us back to championship-contending status. The past couple of years were designed to suck and it looks like our rookies show signs that we can be good again.

14. TimDuncanDonaut

As time passes, context is lost and people's memory become fuzzy. But these kind or records are easy to understand, permanent, and black & white. The team is as good as what the record says.

Guys like KPJ having some 20-30 pt games at the end of season means diddly squat in the grand scheme of things. I'm a fan of the team first and foremost. Why should we lower standards on players whose only been here for less than two years.

Yes the young guys need time, I just wish we don't look like dog crap until we become better.

If we get a chet/jabri, I'd be happy, but are those future rookies going to magically make us a 30 win team next year? I've my doubts. I hope I'm alive long enough to see the Rockets get back into playoffs.

#14 TimDuncanDonaut, Apr 8, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This season has actually been enjoyable watching the young guys grow. Last year was pretty bad. I would not call it the worst stretch in rockets history.

cbass, javal_lon and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, losing is tolerable if there’s some young players with promise to watch.
    Last year sucked

wlekfjv923n, eliefor3 and Patience like this.
  17. kubli9

Supporting Member

Those weren't my favorite years for sure but the basketball was at least watchable. I'd pay to watch that team over Christian Wood and KPJ.

Nelly likes this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Was always a big Harden fan, but I didn't enjoy his last season here with Westbrook. I skipped many of those games. So the Westbrook year and obviously the year that followed were horrible.

I remember thinking it was pathetic how much our team celebrated beating the Thunder in the playoffs - a team not built to win. But it was because they knew that was their peak; only pain would follow.

Richie_Rich, clos4life, AXG and 5 others like this.
  19. kubli9

Supporting Member

Yeah, like way after. A lot of things happened between 96 and Moochie. Go read up on your history little Javal.

20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Last year sucked, but I’ve been kind of into this year. It’s fun to watch young guys develop.

cmoak1982 likes this.