1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

World Championships 2010

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sbyang, Jul 20, 2010.

1. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Turkey has come out playing pretty well. They seem to be feeding off the crowd quite a bit. It's important for the US to weather this storm while the crowd is raucous.

2. YaoTheMan

YaoTheMan Contributing Member

Durant is so smooth

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i knew turkoglu's worthless ass would come out on fire against us and play like crazy.

eric gordon with an all-time defensive possession there. guarded and blanketed about 3 guys in a 10 second period.

oh, and we don't have to worry about the refs giving us too many calls tonight.

4. mazyar

mazyar Member

Durant is unbelievable!

5. francis 4 prez

turkey is lucky that people not named durant are 1-13 on 3's today because turkey has given guys like gordon and billups a lot of good looks (no one has really even been close to gordon). unfortunately the 1 make is curry and he can't guard anybody. the US just can't seem to get up 9 or 10 and get the ball back. turkey always gets it back to 8 before we can get the ball.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

On the plus side, this game was very similar to yesterday where Team USA was in control the entire way. I think Turkey has some serious nerves. They better make a big run before USA does or this thing is over. I don't believe everyone on the team not named Durant will lay bricks in the 2nd half. This game could break open in the 3rd quarter if USA keeps their composure and hits a few more shots. Turkey's team is choking like dogs.

Obligatory comment on FIBA refs: They are a complete disgrace to the game. I suppose these officials are the best they have. What a scary thought! :eek:

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Durant can't miss

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

KD is a depraved animal.

9. YaoTheMan

YaoTheMan Contributing Member

KD is too good. as a YoF, I wouldn't mind trading Yao for KD, for a day

10. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Does anyone have an online link that's not ESPN affiliated?

11. francis 4 prez

people not named durant still can't make anything. we get a huge lead, completely relax on defense, back off on a 3, give up a couple of fouls (billups mostly) and now rudy gay can't make a layup and the resulting break gets the D off a little and leads to another open 3 to get it right back to 11 when it looked like we could pull away. this is going to be a long 14 minutes if no one makes a shot outside of durant.

12. francis 4 prez

atdhe.net has one.

13. francis 4 prez

man, up 16 and westbrook takes a jumper because he just got lucky and made a 3 (although i guess someone had to make another 3 after all the open chances), then commits a 3 point play foul and then rose misses an open 3 at the end of the quarter that could have really made it tough for turkey. we've just been one shot or one defensive stop from really hurting turkey all game long. they aren't making runs but we can't seem to either. just don't let the offense go in the tank with only 10 minutes separating us from the championship.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

And it now up to 22. You can relax now.

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

rout those jive turkeys! yeah!

16. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Thanks... what channel do I look for? I don't see an ESPN one.

17. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

The only way Turkey got this far had to be ref calls. Serbia, Spain would never roll over this way

18. francis 4 prez

just click on Live Sports up at the top and then just scroll until you see usa vs turkey. not very far down i don't think. not an espn broadcast, though.

1 person likes this.
  19. francis 4 prez

yeah, turkey just seemed to give up to start the 4th. fastbreak baskets and lazy D all around.

20. Landry92

Landry92 Member

This Team deserves alot of credit their due yet neither the fans and the media are not giving any ..
    If Iam Jerry Colangelo Iam takin them to the olympics ..
    They surely have a big chance to win ..