1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WORKPLACE] Seven reasons your coworkers don't trust you

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Feb 28, 2013.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

This is from a newsletter/website I subscribe about career management.

:cool: I thought you guys might enjoy reading this, and it reminded me of macalu's thread on "vouching your coworker."

EVERYONE (including myself) is guilty of at least one of these, but we should strive to avoid them:
    Speaking from experience, I changed jobs 6 months ago, and am trying to be a "new man" in the workplace. :eek: It's a good thing I knew a couple people before beginning to work here and they trusted me. It's all a matter now of getting the other people to trust I will do a good job, too.

I would hate to leave a place and have people talk about how they couldn't trust me for any one of the reasons above, but I know my stuff and hopefully the new coworkers trust me for that.

What do you think?

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#8 should be overly using the joke "that's what she said."

1 person likes this.
  3. SwoLy-D

I agree wholeheartedly, sir, in regards to your suggestion for #8. Good thing "Clutchfans" isn't my JOB, am I right?!?!? ;)

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I never understood why anyone who calls themselves a professional needs to be told those types of things. Punctuality, reciprocity, respect, dependability, etc... These aren't revolutionary ideas.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

1 I might be guilty of. 4 I'm definitely guilty of, but so is everyone else I work with so I ain't scurred

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Respect and reciprocity are subjective as hell.

7. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

I work with a guy that has 7 of 8 of these quality's.. Guess what? Everyone is like "You work with ******* ********? Man **** that guy you need to watch your back" Coincidence? I think not

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Not in the context that this article presented it. We're talking "golden rule" type stuff here.

9. SwoLy-D

No, but if HR dismisses legitimate complaints, treats everyone "the same", or has favors for preferrential treatment with someone, etc., it could turn people into "not professional"... and although I don't agree they should lose their cool, I understand.

HR (not you in particular) and management also should be willing to change their wicked ways. I think I was turning sour after a while, but I was the only outspoken one against the tyranny of bad management... and everyone else just took it up the Hershey Highway. So I looked for a better opportunity and found it. :eek:

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

#9 Uses emoticons

1 person likes this.
  11. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Got him! #10 Posting threads on Clutchfans while at work

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

#11 over use of "think outside the box" and "synergy"

14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I'm in sales...kick backs works great with co workers. As long as I'm kicking back, they "trust" me and do extra for me. With females, I learned its best to walk the fine line of being professional and subtle flirting. With dudes you just have to be funny and talk sports...formula for trust and favor.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

E-mailing someone "do you have a minute". Just tell me what you want or give me a call. If I'm not available, leave me a message and I'll get back to you.

The people I hate are those who instead of learning what they need to do in certain situations completely rely on you to do it for them because you were stupid, er, nice enough to assist them once.

16. xcharged

xcharged Member

I have to give Big Ups to SwoLy as a former co-worker. He did whip it out in the face of management a time or two. Ballsy guy.

[​IMG]

17. SwoLy-D

^^^^LOL! ^^^^^ Please don't post the picture of "the second time." :cool:
    I don't do that at work. :p
    Are you talking about actually NOT working while you post, or are you talking about your boss/coworkers knowing you're posting on ClutchFans all day? Which of the two? For me, it's neither. I post in between tasks, and can type faster than most. :eek: The list is "seven reasons your coworkers don't trust you"... I'm sure your coworkers frequent a favorite website or two... but know you finish the tasks you have to do.