1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Workout/Nutrition Help Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SK34, Jan 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i would add that before starting a strength training program, you want to check your flexibility/range of motion by comparing one side to the other. If it's not even, then lifting is only going to make things worse because you'll favor one side. some soft tissue work, like massage/myofascial release should help loosen up the tighter side. one should also be conscious if what side is stronger and not push it as much, until both sides are closer in strength/performance.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Yo cheke I saw a GNC so I decided to try one of those Promax Cookies & Cream bars. You were right, they are delicious. However, at 40g carbs (30g sugar lol) per bar, I'll prob reserve these for a change of pace treat.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yeah, treat them as a meal replacement. I'm bulking/maintaining so I'm on a different approach.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What are you taking for preworkout?

I need to get on something, my energy has been terrible. I'm hearing great stuff about c4.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

green tea/black coffee.

Very sensitive to caffeine though

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Pomegranate-Lemonade-Energy-Drink-Mix-.88-oz-10ct/16940545

LOL srs. Just caffeine, and it works as well as any of the overpriced preworkout crap I've used in the past. 2 fav flavors are the one linked and Peach Mango. 1 packet in a bottle of water 15 min before I head out the door, and then 1 packet in another bottle of water to drink during workout.

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

Good read about protein intake.

TLDR: Eat 70-120 grams (regardless of body weight / gender) in one or multiple meals daily.

You can also start reading on Page 95 to skip the research.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Really.

10. Swishh

Swishh Member

Difference between flat bench press and Incline bench press? I assume they work out different parts of the chest, no? Should people be doing both?

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You want b**** t*tties? be my guest.

I do both, you have to do both. Throw some dips too. I need to assemble my dip machine.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ob-rtLolRc4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Swishh

Swishh Member

Alright cool, thanks. I haven't been working out for long, so I'm still a beginner I suppose. Would it be unwise to be benching 3 times a week? Or can I get away with that as a beginner?

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

LOL 3 times a week? Unless you're a super poon, I'd bench at least every day that doesn't start with an S.

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

^^^ I apologize for my uppity remark. I was still salty from the Niners loss even though thats not my main team.

I would not bench 3x a week. If you want to go 2x a week, that might work, but 3x a week is absolutely too much to jump into as a beginner. At that stage I would say just to go 1x a week, and go hard. Start with 3-4 sets flat bench and try to bench your bodyweight. Throw in some incline dumbells after that, then if you still have the strength/energy, do some decline barbell. Flys afterwards with whatever you have left.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

^one thing to make sure is that you exhibit good form on the benchpress, theres videos everywhere. One cue i use is you wanna try and curl your shoulderblades underneath your back. this doesnt have to be exaggerated, but it will help you actually target your chest, as opposed to it being a dickmeasuring tricep extension excercise.

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

^^^ great advice from Panda... he knows what he's talking about.

On that note, I finally curled 135 10x with no spot today :) now if only I could get my deads to go up as fast :( :( :(

18. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

Is there any workout plan out there for beginners that don't include squats/deadlifts? I mentioned in my thread a while back that I have knock knees, and A_3P0, and a few others mentioned not to do those exercises.

Are there any workout plans that don't include those 2 exercises? Because based on my research, the vast majority of beginner's exercises include those 2.

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I just take some BCAAs. during my workout mixed into my water.

20. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

try some of these.

http://www.cenergynutrition.com/workout_plans.php