1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Workout/Nutrition Help Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SK34, Jan 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Fuarrrrrrkkkk!!!

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

man, thanks for the feedback. nice to hear different perspectives. and to know maybe i'm not THAT crazy, haha.

6 Egg whites: 100 calories
    1/2 cup almonds: 400 calories
    2 slices turkey breast: 80 calories
    Apple: 80 calories
    Turkey stick?/carrots: ~100 calories
    Protein shake: ~250 calories
    Salad: ?

Remember the most IMPORTANT IMPORTANT thing - lots of water. try drinking at least 120 oz a day. I've also mixed hot green tea with honey, cinnamon and a couple tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar. It's not a magic weight loss serum but it promotes satiety and I can say without a doubt (having experimented for a few years) that I'm a believer in the benefits of ACV.

I don't know all the details of your diet, but you might want to try adding in more healthy fats. Try adding in avocados or coconut oil. If it wasn't for the almonds, you really wouldn't be eating very many calories at all. at least make sure your salad is decently high-calorie. When I have a salad it usually includes chicken or some meat analog, hard boiled eggs, edamame, chickpeas, feta, slivered almonds, various other veggies and a full-fat salad dressing or olive oil. A 500 calorie salad will obviously keep you fuller longer than a 200 calorie salad.

Your BMR itself is around 2000 calories. Check the p90x booklets to see how many calories they recommend. Back when I was doing it, I was losing weight eating 1700-1800 calories...and at that point I was still only around 140 lbs.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

the most highly evolved mammal on the planet can go for 3 hours without a cheese panini

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

christ I don't think I could ever get back to 80kgs.... there goes any boxing dreams I had

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

brah..u need to turn on your metabolism in the AM, and eat every 2.7 hours even if you are not hungry to avoid starvation mode.

6. GARMING

GARMING Member

I don't message at all. But that offer I will take up. What lifting and diet program do you follow. I am recovering from a broken collar bone. Lost 20 lbs of muscle. Need to get back to the daily workout.

Just interested in seeing what has worked for you. I used to look like that back in my 20s. So I know I can do it and that it is a possibility.

Thanks for the time.

7. GARMING

GARMING Member

I will take you up on that offer. Not sure how to PM. Need to get back in the gym after breaking my collar bone.

What works for you (lifting) and what is your diet?

Thanks for the time.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I've been doing a lot of thinking and researching, with how different experts view things like this...and it seems like we're just eating a certain way because we made it up. Not because it fits being healthy or whatever.

One guy talked about how evolution takes a very long time, so our bodies aren't that different from when man was a hunter and ate large meals and then basically fasted until they got their next kill. There's research that fasting actually has health benefits...so i can't imagine why our bodies wouldn't be able to handle some fasting, from a health perspective. If anything, we probably need more of it because we eat before our previous meal isn't even halfway through digestion.

Personally, I do IIFYM and eat about 40% of my calories around lunch time. Then I eat the rest late at night post workout. Sometimes as late as midnight. I've also been trying an 18-24 hour fast sundays. I can't say i feel any less healthy or without energy, even when I fast. It definitely hasn't effected fat loss, as my body fat is lower than it ever has been.

It's important to remember that average doesnt mean normal. Let people think what they want, most of them do what they do only out of tradition.

#829 RV6, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Anyone here familiar with PRI?

I've been correcting my posture/mechanics using some of their methods. It's helped a lot to really even things out aesthetically and athletically.

11. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

how does it work? i'm too lazy to watch a video/read about why people are doing wall squats while blowing on a balloon.

i need posture help BAD. i've been doing yoga which has only made me more aware of my shoulders being too up/forward. the tension in my neck and shoulders and upper spine is unbearable at times.

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I've cut out carbs and alcohol, and in thee months I lost 25lbs. :cool:

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The premise is that the body is naturally not symmetrical (think organ size/shape/location) and as a result we tend to favor shifting to the right side. Usually it's not a big deal, but the problems come when we favor it so much that we lose the ability to switch back and forth from right to left patterns. We get stuck in one pattern to one side, which leads to different compensations, like your pelvis rotating one way and the torso rotating the opposite way to try to even things out and try to regain some symmetry.

A lot of it has to do with the way you breathe, hence the balloon. The videos you saw are basically ways to get into the lost pattern little by little, using corrected breathing to facilitate it.

I majored in kinesiology, so it's probably easier for me to make something of their online information though. Others are better off getting professional help or researching it more thoroughly before trying to correct anything.

#833 RV6, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

about 6 months post my acl injury

managed to build some back after not being able to lift for a while, still slack in the ligament but able to cut/pivot/shift on the footy field so thats all that matters

15. SK34

SK34 Member

I swear If I just ate healthy, I would have achieved my goals by now. Nonetheless, I don't eat too unhealthy to not see gains. My diet is so much better than it was when I first started. Slowly but surely, i'll fix it all the way and be ready for the summer.

16. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Have any of you incorporated Sprints (running) into your routine?

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I need some anavar and propianate. Anybody?

18. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

I Too Am looking for some var.....

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Must find rodman23

20. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

is there a new workout thread for 2015? if not sorry..i did a search this is what i found.

anyways...a few quick questions:
    anyone swim laps as a way to get their exercise in? i'm looking at a few things to do to mix up my exercise routine and have always been curious about lap swimming. great cardio and i guess good for the joints.

heres my main question though. how important is it to know how to do a competitive swim technique? (ie: free style, breast stroke, etc)

i tried to get some answers on reddit about this and it kind of bummed me out. i can swim in that i can tread water and get myself around...but i never learned how to do an actual technique like most swimmers do.

reddit users tended to basically say you have to take classes and learn a technique. is it not plausible to just buy like a kick board and just get in the slow lane and go back and forth? i mean in terms of actually getting a good workout in? i mean i want to make it worth my time ya know?

i'm not looking to get gains in distance and speed...its purely a form of exercise...would what i suggested be just fine?