1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the WEST FINALS Game 3 -- Can the Timberwolves get back in this? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Workout/Nutrition Help Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SK34, Jan 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. SK34

SK34 Member

Body Space app on I phone is great.

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Changing my post work out supplement....

Going from this

[​IMG]

To this...

[​IMG]

Has anybody tried Secret Sauce? I loved dark matter but I felt uncomfortable with them not stating how much creatine they were putting in it..... Opinions? Anyone?

3. SK34

SK34 Member

Welp.. almost a year passed and nothing changed. I'm so bad at staying motivated.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

What do you mean nothing has changed? You either want it or you don't....

5. SK34

SK34 Member

Just got busy af. I mean i gained muscle but didn't achieve the exact goals i set forth.

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

We are always going to be busy.... You will never find time or enough time to hit the gym.... But this is where you have to make the time in order to achieve the goals you set for yourself.... To say I gained muscle but I failed at my goals is like The Rockets saying we made the playoffs but couldn't win the championship... You can either lie to yourself and see it as a positive or be realistic and realize you failed... Its okay, you are still breathing..... You can still achieve your goals.... But are you going to? Or are you going to be content with muscle mass?

I have a full time job and a million things to do but on the days I workout I literally prepare all day for that moment... I plan ahead to make sure I'm gonna eat well and hit it hard.... Its not easy, if it was everyone would be fit and looking good.... You got this main! :)

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Very well said. I finally reached my goal physique, then got super busy with work/partying and did quite a bit of damage in a month lol. Fortunately, it's nothing that can't be fixed with a month of clean eating and working out. Just gotta decide what's most important to you.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It's a long slow process and you have to be mentally prepared. You like many went nuts at the gym and burned yourself out. No, it's strategic approach. You make sure to keep progress on what and how much you have lifted to see results. The mirror lies alot. Seeing the results on your notes will motivate you.

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

it's a lifestyle, you don't gain **** by going nuts for a couple months.

10. Vigorous

Vigorous Contributing Member

^^^^^^^ THIS.

shayan: Keep going. Stay consistent. Good luck.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Just weighed myself and set a world ****** record. 264 lbs.

Aesthetics are at an all-time low. Need to get in shape and get that handsome jawline back. I started eating too unhealthy for the hell of it.

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I started up again for the 50th time. I'm really inconsistent. But I woke up today and started up again with the Lee Labrada 12 wk lean body program. Here's hoping I see results in a few months.

Some of the hurdles:
    -Temptation to eat out because of easy accessibility and better taste
    -Struggling at the gym to finish reps or losing focus (I think this is huge; I hate having to see someone I know at the gym because I'm weak, and I feel like I lose focus; I care too much about what others think)

But I'm trying slowly to get back on track and again, hoping to see some significant results.

I'm 5' 9" at 180 lbs, so I'm aiming to lose 20-25 lbs. I really want to get lean, but also stronger.

Here's something that's been inspiring to hear.

<iframe width="640" height="360" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="https://screen.yahoo.com/video/chris-pratts-advice-getting-shape-013241113.html?format=embed" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Also, should I lay off on the whey (Gold Standard) supplement if I'm trying to get lean? what helps you stay consistent and maintain focus during your workout?

My goals are to lose the weight, but I'm really aspiring to have an athletic build. I want to develop stamina so I can play basketball for longer.

Thanks CF

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Getting muscle doesn't have to a killer intense workout. Is not about how heavy you lift either. We all started somewhere. When I was skinny I felt intimidated and shy it's normal. The bodybuilders at the gym actually look like idiots with there screaming and puffing. You shouldn't care what people think, that's beta talk.

Push ups at home, only takes 5 minutes. Just do about 4 sets of 10 reps. Then some abs while on commercials, that's ****ing it. More sweat does not equal better results. Don't overkill yourself with steroid advice on those magazines. Eating healthy is not harsh, learn about the flavor sauces. I just had white rice and dry chicKen with patak sauce. Ish tasted like a high calorie panda express. Become friends with skinny cows.

14. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I do triathlons and marathons so I'm not out of shape per say. Because I'm so weak on the bike I decided to incorporate weights in my training and thought I would get an early start on it as my last race was a week ago.

Yesterday's lift was my first in two years. Doing long sets with what I thought would be light loads. I can safely say I haven't been this weak since I was a sophomore in HS. I'm 35...

I can barely walk today.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Building lean muscle shapes up your face and gives a sex appeal and it can take some of the ugly attention away from your face. There is hope for my ugly brehs our here.

1 person likes this.
  16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

You should absolutely not give a fk what people at the gym think of you. Trust me, the last thing someone who's working out think of is, 'wow look how fat/much of a midget that guy is' obviously you have your assholes, but you gotta respect someone who is trying to lose weight and get healthier.

I just plug in my headphones, for some weird reason (dont judge) I'm incredibly focused when I listen to like the 24/7 HBO or Showtime All-Access Boxing match prequels. Favourite is Cotto-Margarito 2 atm.

LOL

17. SK34

SK34 Member

Anybody know any great core workouts? I have been doing great and have been consistent with my workouts lately.

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

damn breh. you're falling off the rails here man. at least you got yao status so that is something on the plus side.

you should train with me. i'll be back in town in like 3 months.

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

yea, have you ever done a workout with the TRX straps?

here are some examples.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=trx+workout+core

I love the TRX straps. All body weight movements. You can increase the difficulty by how far you are "leaning".

20. SK34

SK34 Member

Never heard of it. I'll check it out.