1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Work in progress - Now, a playmaker (that can score)..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Dec 30, 2014.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

He hasn't been able to stay healthy this season. He would surely hurt this team more than help it right now.

How bad is Dwill looking nowadays?

2. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Melo and Smith on the same team? I think my head would explode from all the low % shoots we'll take.

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Kevin Love on the market? Is he still struggling in Cleveland?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harden is our PG.

DD

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

The difference is that Melo can make them, and playing off Harden would be a huge boost to his FG%.

The problem with a trade is a lot of guys would have to go out to make the salaries work. Terry, Papanikolaou, Shved, and Brewer. We would also be right on the border of the apron, and would only have 11 under contract after the trade. Essentially, it's near impossible logistically.

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i share this sentiment. i'm through with the constant "retooling"... this team is deep. flawed? perhaps. but can we at least take a run with this group for a while before we get desparate to ship folks out again and again???

i honestly don't get the sizable group of posters who are constantly looking to upgrade every other week. i imagine these are the same folks who can't hold a steady girlfriend or job becasue they're always looking for something better instead of taking the time to appreciate what they have right in front of them.

7. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

yeah no thanks. This team had an identity when it relied on guys like canaan, Kpap, Dmo and now Brewer. If we make this type of trade our team will basically be in training camp mode.

8. gregas

gregas Member

Why didn't you continue your endless stream of predictions in the original 1060 page thread? You really has to start another cesspool of baseless predictions and misinformed opinions?

9. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

These posts used to spark me with hope but...these past two losses really hurt

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

That would be a dream come true, but I don't see it. We don't have the right pieces. Phoenix does though. Something like Bledsoe/Plumlee/picks for Love.

Phoenix
    Dragic
    Green
    Tucker
    Love
    Len

Cleveland
    Bledsoe
    Irving
    Miller
    LeBron
    Plumlee

11. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

That might work for both teams but i can't image Cleveland giving up on love before they try a new coach.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

I agree. Don't see any scenario where he gets traded or walks unless Lebron goes down with a season ending injury.

Another guy that I would give almost anything for is Nikola Mirotic. Don't think the Bulls will trade him unless we really blow them away with an offer.

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

Chalk me up as one that isn't really concerned with the D. Mo and Josh Smith dynamic. I think as things play out, that situation will resolve itself. People are foolish to think that there won't be an adjustment period when you add major pieces to retool a team. Cleveland is still trying to figure things out and they had a complete offseason, training camp, and preseason. Many teams like the Clips have had ups and downs. The Warriors, Grizzlies, Spurs, and Mavs have all had rough patches too with multiple game losing streaks. The sky didn't fall. The season is 82 games long.

Now I do believe we need another perimeter player that can create off the dribble. Harden is our PG, but he is also very dynamic off the catch and that is one aspect of his game that we haven't been able to fully utilize.

If that means trading D. Mo or Jones then so be it and I love both of those guys. Being able to add a Dragic or Bledsoe level of talent to this team would be amazing.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lulz. Heard this all offseason.

#soon

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I just don't see Cleveland bringing in a new coach. Lets be honest, LeBron is the coach of that team. He made Mike Brown and Spoelstra look better than they actually are. It just seems that they don't have the right personnel around him.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I share your sentiment as well. This team hasn't had much time to practice with the additions of Brewer and Smith all within a week and a half. What does worry me is our PG play and relying on Harden too much to create offense.

Even if we stand pat I believe this team will hit its stride mid January and we'll be rolling going into the All Star Break.

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Don't think this crew is quite there yet. The team does need one more playmaker or scorer to get to that next level - Brewer isn't that guy, despite how fantastic he has played. Dragic would be a perfect fit in a Ginobili/OKC Harden type of role.

But despite agreeing with the OP as far as all that goes....

We already have one monster thread for unfounded speculation.

18. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I say it all the time Harden looks so tired driving to the basket on his own. We look like the 2005 rockets.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

Definitely needs some time (either games off or bench minutes). Until we get a 2nd facilitator, benching Harden is almost a guaranteed loss.

20. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

I gotta stop coming on this forum.