1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Work from Home

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Anxiety Trooper, Feb 14, 2013.

Tags:
?

Do you work from Home?

1. Yes and I never lose focus

29.6%
  2. Yes and my dick needs a break from Fapping it

16.7%
  3. No:(

53.7%
  1. Anxiety Trooper

How many Clutchfans work from home.? I started doing that this year and its taking time to adjust. I definitely need to develop a better routine and be disciplined.

2. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

I have the option to work from home when necessary. I don't take advantage of it that often, but I find I am way more productive at home.

3. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I do and there are some good things about it.
    But the bad things are that people think that they can bug you at any time of day for help, it's tougher to relax and get away from work and of course the fapping.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

My wife works from home 100% of the time for the last 4 years. I WFH about 90% of the time. We both work in IT.

It's challenging for sure. It definitely has its perks, but it really does get old after a while. I think the perfect situation is where you're able to work from home a few days a week, and also go into the office. Work from home has set personal hygiene back quite a bit. For example, the work day is nearly over and I'm wearing sweats, a t-shirt, and haven't showered yet. I did at least brush my teeth earlier, so I'm pretty proud of that.

5. Classic

Classic Member

I try & do it at least 3 days a week. After a couple years, Ive got the routine down.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Exactly the same here. I'm actually more easily distracted at the office than I am at home. I'm incredibly more productive at home.

7. Classic

Classic Member

All the studies done on this topic show this to be the case. I get a lot more done myself.

8. raj87

raj87 Member

Am I correct to assume that "getting more done" and "being more productive" equals more fapping?

9. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

My personal and professional lives are so much more productive when I work from home b/c:

1. no hour long commute back and forth each day (that is 2 more hours i can spend taking care of personal errands around the house or working)

2. i'm not interrupted by co-workers that want to chat.

3. when i need a break, rather than surfing CF.net or some other web site, I will do house errands - laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc.

Working from home benefits all aspects of my life.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Bingo...except my commute is only 20 minutes.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No distracting co workers :grin:

Rocket River

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Worked at home for a year and loved it.

It isn't for everyone. If you aren't disciplined or mature enough, forget about it. But the time savings of not commuting and being able to do errands is a HUGE benefit. I saved 10 hours/week not commuting and about 10 more by doing chores & errands during breaks and lunch. My wife also loved the reduced grocery shopping responsibility and never having to do laundry or dishes.

Because I had an erratic fruitcake for an employer, it didn't end well.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I have the option to do this once or twice a week, but it would be impossible to get anything done with 15-month old twin boys running around the house.

Plus, I like to keep my work and home life 100% separate. I have a very strict "never bring work home" philosophy that I strongly adhere to. Physically, and more importantly, mentally. :)

14. Awesome

Awesome Member

This and This!

I probably do it every other week to every week on Friday's depending on how I feel.

For the fact that my drive is at least an hour long going and almost 2 coming home, its easy to get burned out without a break so I take those days to give myself a break from the traffic and to break up the routine.

I can work fine from home granted I have the same access to things as I do in the office, and I use my work blackberry to talk on the phone forward my desk phone to it so I dont miss calls.

I really wish I could do it about 2-3 times a week (boss said she doesn't care as long as I get my work done) but I wont do that and my co-worker comes in everyday if he's not traveling to a field office to do something.

I definitely like to take advantage, no people bothering me at home and just the general balance of life feels better when I do.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The MLM vultures are going to hit this thread in 24hours. Godspeed.

16. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I've been doing it since 2001. It would be a blast if I was in my 20s. Damn the possibilities. Now, it's really just a slower, more comfortable life style.

17. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I've been working at the office full time but D. Morey always pops his head in my office and throws me these crazy trade ideas (like trying to get Eric Gordon or something) and then talks about them for like an hour, going on and on about how he's maximizing asset value and considering future value or present assets. Then Clutch will always come and prank my office too. Every Thrusday is Silly String day. It gets annoying when you're still cleaning up from Wednesday's Cake Day.
    I'm going to meet with Morey next week and ask if I can start working from home and they can just Skype me if they really need me.

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Two days a week I take morning conference calls at the house before rolling into work. Takes the pressure off of squeezing in a shower and getting the kids out the door... and it is much easier to listen on a call at home than at the office.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Same with me. I can work from home if I want, but twins make it impossible -- except mine are 3. Then the older kids getting home at 3:30, may as well call it a day by then.

But, I'm not too crazy about it anyway. Using VPN to get into the server and then pulling up the giant files I always have to work in, the system is just too dang slow. It takes 5 minutes to open a file. Even if I was more diligent at home, it'd still take 3 times as long to finish something.

20. Classic

Classic Member

With their pee pee games ? :cool: