1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woman Killed over Crimson Tide Loss

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by rocketsjudoka, Dec 3, 2013.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It WAS said very specifically by a witness who was actually there.

And the title of the article is "Sister: Deadly shooting was over Bama loss" while the title of the thread is "Woman Killed over Crimson Tide Loss." Not sure there's a huge difference there.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I've wanted to travel when I get older...you know go to every road game that the Rockets/Texans play in.

This ish makes me wanna reconsider. So many issues with drunk fans.

3. sammy

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I had a bunch of friends go to the Bama-A&M game last year in Tuscaloosa, and they said for the most part everybody there was really cool. However, there was a small contingent of people who made it really, really uncomfortable for them. If 9 out of 10 people are really cool, but that 10th person has a gun and wants to kill you for being the fan of another team, then I guess the other 9 don't really matter. That's kind of what the Alabama fanbase seems like to me.

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

It is very silly to expect anyone to provide evidence that something didn't happen. "Can you prove that something can't be proven?"

The police can be investigating a lot of options and motivations. It is being reported that they are unclear as to the motivation. The fact that it is the victim's sister is very relevant and means it should be taken for a grain of salt. What if it turns out the victim did something ****ty to incite the violence? There are a ton of possibilities and family of the deceased are more likely to be motivated by reasons that don't make the victim a complete victim.

That was the only part of the title you omitted. It's very stange that the journalist thought it was important enough to put that in the title but you didn't. It's just dumb that misinformation is bring spread though our board just because it makes for a more interesting thread.

Honest question. Do you think that murders in this country are not likely to happen between people who don't know each other? There are hardly any murders between random people that just met for a random reason? The whole point is that there is no conclusion and you shouldn't have intentionally changed the title of the article.

6. sammy

San Fran, Oakland, LA (Dodgers) fanbases give me that vibe too.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In a case like this it is pretty easy to provide contradictory evidence if you have it. Simply showing that Briskey had other reason to kill Shepherd, such as did Briskey say something like "stop flirting with my boyfriend" to Shepherd.
    Except you said "it's not the conclusion reached by the police" which sounds like the police reached a different conclusion when the police haven't reached an alternate conclusion. That sounds like you are pretty confident that this isn't the case in which case do you have something that contradicts the sister's statement? It sounds like you are discounting the sister, which I admit has reason to be biased, based on your own suspicion.
    Again what misinformation?
    All of the evidence we have is that this was the reason for why Briskey killed Shepherd. That said yes there is a possibility that Shepherd's sister statement isn't actually true but I don't think for a thread title in Clutchfans that is that big of a deal.

Except there usually is a motive for the murder, outside of just thrill killings. A motive has been provided that so far hasn't been ruled out. You seem very hung up on this thread title when this isn't a court of law.

I tell you what. If evidence comes out that Shepherd wasn't killed over the Crimson Tide loss. I will be gladly say that I was mistaken in my thread title.

8. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Y'all should see my facebook. Ridiculously idiotic alabama/auburn fans as far as the eye can see.

9. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

This.

10. Apps

Apps Member

HEY. I'm an L.A. Dodgers fan and if you're insinuating that I'm inclined to violence because of my geography and allegiance then I swear to GOD I will **** you up!

:p

11. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

This type of headline might surprise me if it were in reaction to ANY other team in CFB. Not all Bama fans are nutjobs. I'm sure the vast majority aren't. But there is a significant percentage that seem to find no value in their lives beyond Crimson Tide football. There's something particularly volitle in mixing southern backwoods culture with fanaticism. It's not that dissimilar from religious extremism, or football hooliganism around the world.

12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's just be glad these crazy fans don't have access to the nuclear sub.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rjRxdrg9BtU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

No pics :p, lol

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

More crazy Bama fans:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oPojG4XpLAY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

ROWLLL TAHDDDD ROWLLLL

17. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Looks like wonder woman can't hold her liquor lol

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

19. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Lol, Bama. The letter 'U' is already up there.

20. Remii

Remii Member

Good dude for not Ray Rice'n that chick...