1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wojnarowski on MEM trade, Lebron's future (disses Hollinger)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Always fun to read classic Woj diss track:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--r...future--super-team-era-ending--065716242.html

No wonder Morey is buddies with Hollinger. He gave us Luis Scola!

1 person likes this.
  2. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Memphis is doing the right thing with the Rudy trade, they just went about it totally wrong. They'll improve with the addition of Tayshaun Prince while saving $10M in salary.

3. ogretrunks

ogretrunks Member

Major diss by Woj on Hollinger.

Made me look up who the h??? is Jackie Butler LOL!

1 person likes this.
  4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I like what Memphis did. Two promising young PF's and I think having Prince improves there D, isn't much of a drop on offense and there spacing will be better which makes Z Bo a better fit. Plus saving 10 mil

5. ArtisGilmore

ArtisGilmore Member

Woj proves with yet another sensationalist and outrageously over-the-top hack job that he is only good because he has inside sources, not because his takes are insightful or well-reasoned. Perhaps one of his better sources hates Hollinger and/or the Grizzlies and told him to write this article, and he'll repay him with some good information later?

6. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

This is pure spin. Is Woj running out of material? Like already mentioned above, Memphis is by no means dismantled by this move. Furthermore, LeBron's friends allegedly sending out feelers in Cleveland is very different from LeBron sending feelers. Yet he feels the need to dwell on the matter like it's a big deal. I generally enjoy Woj's articles, but this one was not good.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

My guess is this has something to do with Woj's rivalry with ESPN, who is viewed as the Evil Empire by all competing sports outlets due to its dominant market position. Also, Woj is also skeptical about the advance stats guys, has been so for a few years. Oddly enough, Woj likes Morey and speaks well of him. I don't think he likes Kevin Pritchard very much.

As for this piece, I agree with some of the arguments-- like how teams will likely be limited to two max level stars-- and not with others -- like Memphis is wrong to trade Gay.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

typical Woj drama

9. Commodore

making a move to save money is not the same as making a move to save cap space

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Is Woj fat? Maybe it's a "Fat Buddy" thingy. Also, can anyone spell his name without looking it up?

11. Raven

Raven Member

Decision 2.0 is nothing more than masturbatory posturing from an egomaniac who craves attention. He would become the ultimate media w****, perhaps the greatest in pro sports history. Nor will he ever leave the glamor of Miami unless it's to LA or NYC.

1 person likes this.
  12. SK34

SK34 Member

Raptors won the trade. Memphis took a step down yet are still decent but not contending. And Pistons have like 5 expiring contracts come next year.

Raptors just need to trade Bargiani and they'll be good (on paper).

Rudy Gay is undervalued by Clutchfans... He is going to show the world that is on Igoudala defense level and Melo offense level.. :D

13. what

what Member

The only saving grace in this deal is that I believe that Tony Wroten could be a diamond in the rough. Also d-leaguer Chris Johnson is providing energy and a nice outside shot. Having Ed Davis coming off the bench with Darrell will be good as well and Prince won't hurt or help the team. He'll be a decent fillin for Rudy.

The important thing is that the grizzlies were so well constructed that even with the idiots in the front office, they still couldn't really screw this team up that much. And believe me THEY ARE IDIOTS and are handling every move with the classlessness of a 3rd grader.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Adrian

1 person likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That ain't fair, dude!

;-)-

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

17. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Two weeks ago, the battier - gay with 18 years trade was a terrible move for the rockets ( I always like the trade).
    And now, when Gay in coming is his prime, nobody wants him and Toronto make a terrible deal
    :rolleyes:

18. Charlatan

Charlatan Member

That's pretty harsh- Scola had an unresolved buyout (for several years going, if I remember right), and they were getting decent minutes out of Oberto. Though obviously it worked out well for the Rockets.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think it was a decent trade for Memphis. They were in luxury tax hell, and got rid of a bad contract and got Prince who should fit it well with them.

20. Commodore

Woj gonna have alot of egg on his face if Grizzlies go on a run