1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wojnarowski: Man Drafted Right After Marcus Morris Wants The Max, No Traction In Extension Talks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 27, 2014.

1. jogo

jogo Member

San Antonio won't pay him a max or close to it. He will either reduce his demands or get shipped out . San Antonio will probably get a great pick for him and then he won't look as good on the next team.

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The Spurs won't ship him out, even if they won't pay him, losing him for nothing but keeping him for this year alone is worth more to that franchise than any return.

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Wasn't he going to be Spurs new face after Duncan retires?

4. jayland

jayland Member

I think Parsons might of actually said he was the "best looking" SF in the series and they just misquoted him.

5. rocketseagles07

He'll get close to the max. It's the way the market is. I do think that he's SLIGHTLY overrated by the spurs system but if he stays with the spurs.... who cares? One of my wifes employees works for the Spurs and during the playoffs Thomas Robinson told him that the whole team was shocked by how good Khawi was and how difficult he was to match up with.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He's worth it to me. If Spurs don't think so I will warmly welcome our 3rd star, Kawhi Leonard.

7. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

What's supposed to be the reason for this delay? Clearly the Spurs know something that we currently don't.

Hmmm....

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Jeff Adrien.

9. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Cool:cool:

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

leonard is better than parsons so why should he get offended by taking less money than this self centered ex rocket

11. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

LOL, you don't trade the Finals MVP for a draft pick. The Spurs will hold onto him even if they have to give him the max.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Leonard probably would be close, as he'd certainly get substantially more minutes and be asked to do more.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If the Rockets draft Leonard instead of Morris, I truly wonder what the trajectory of our respective franchises wouldve been. I personally dont think the Spurs make the finals without Kawhi.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

There is no point for the spurs to offer him the max now unless it was a no brainer. He will be a restricted free agent next season, and they can let him test the market and match.

1 person likes this.
  15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

The day Kawhi gets the max will be the day Pop retires. Kawhi is a great player but is not worth the max. Add to that that the real stars of the team; Duncan, Parker and Ginobilli have all taken paycuts to stay together their whole career, and asking for a max is a very un-Spur thing to do.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

way more deserving if parsons and hayward can get a match contract. one of the very few players that can guard lebron or KD without help consistently.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Didn't grant hill do 20, 10, and 7 one year? Jordan 30 8 and 8, im sure they had the steals too

19. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

What is it with these role players asking for max money:confused:

That being said I think he deserves it more than Parsons or Hayward. But he does not deserve a max contract. He is by far the worst player ever getting a finals MVP.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Parson is making max so I don't know why Leonard doesn't get the same.