1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Wojnarowski] J.B. Bickerstaff, son of an NBA lifer, gets shot of a lifetime with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ron from the G, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

It was nearing midnight in the East now, and J.B. Bickerstaff, on his drive home, spoke softly so his young daughter wouldn’t awake in the backseat. This had been a long, surreal and sobering day, punctuated with a crazy shot and a magnificent overtime victory.

At the end of a night that had turned out to be an unforgettable beginning to his head-coaching career, John Blair Bickerstaff, 36, found himself thinking about the cruelty of endings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/raised...ique-understanding-of-the-life-115242838.html

2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

This is marvelous to hear. Lets roll!!!!

Edit: I'm glad Woj got this story.

3. BleedsRocketRed

I am all for JB the rest of the year. It cant get any worse that it was, and I am willing to give him a chance, and my support. We'll see how it ends

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Woj stayed up late to write this article

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Great read, I honestly feel better about going with J.B.

He definitely deserves a shot

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

WOJ was on 610 this morning.

Spoke very positively about JB.

7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He sounds way more knowledgeable than McHale

8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

They mentioned on the broadcast yesterday that JB had some differing views than McHale - i'm curious to know what those plans are, and what the differences are.

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

GREAT read!!! I'm still not 100% on board, BUT I am definitely open to the idea that I might've misjudged him! Here's hoping that I eat a BIG bowl of crow at the end of the season!!! ;)

GO ROCKETS!!!

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I've always liked JB. He's younger than Terry too!

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

God I hope he really does have a plan. It's clear this team needs one. I was thrilled to get that win last night but we shouldn't even be having nail biting comebacks against a team as bad as Portland. And I don't think we could have recovered from those first three terrible quarters against most other teams.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

As long as management supports him when he has to go hard after Harden, Lawson and the rest of the slack pack, I'm good with this move. At least for now.

13. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Hells yes great read.

14. ibm

ibm Member

“In my conversation with each and every one of them, I said, ‘I’m going to coach you,’” Bickerstaff told Yahoo. “We aren’t going to let things slide. We won’t get better unless you allow this staff to coach you.”

gawd this is terrible. smdh.

and i noticed sth. b/w jb and harden last night. not sure if it was coincidental or what. i will keep watching those details. maybe next time i go to a game in tc, up close...

15. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol I think Woj and Morey are buddies.

16. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Do you have a plan? "Yes, I do." This article was magic. Bickerstaff is going to be a legendary coach by the end of his career... I am calling it now.

17. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

:confused::confused:

can someone translate the last paragraph.

18. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I thought the ball movement was immensely improved last night. The shots weren't falling, but the guys had a lot of open looks. Defensively, there were lapses, but all-in-all it was a good effort and what kept them in the game. I also thought we were considerably better on setting screens. Now, this all might stem from the emotion of letting McHale go, but I sure hope this is an indication of how this team plays from here on out. The one crucial play in the game, imo, was setting up Harden on the post. He seemed to find his shot on that play and turned into the guy that has carried us. Dwight has been beastly, but his involvement offensively (especially against that frontcourt) is concerning. I really hope that Lawson can find his game off the bench. We got a peak at what this team should look like and it is promising.

19. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

JB will be our version of brad stevens!

20. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

and i noticed something between jb and harden last night. not sure if it was coincidental or what. i will keep watching those details. maybe next time i go to a game in Toyota Center, up close...

No clue what it was in reference to. I thought I saw some jawing between JB and Terry after he fouled Lilliard. Could have just been the angle but it was the only thing I noticed.