1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: Wizards offer head job to Scott Brooks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by clos4life, Apr 20, 2016.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm not sure why you think we have better options than Brooks who would actually *sign* a contract with us, TBH.

Agree there could be better coaches, but one of them just signed with Minnie. By the time this Warriors series is over, the feds are going to have to declare our locker room a superfund site.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Seriously, anybody trying to entice Durant to leave THIS summer is probably pretty misguided. I've been saying this for a while now on these boards, and I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong, but it makes absolutely zero sense for KD to leave OKC now. Westbrook still has one year left on his deal, next off-season is still going to be a financial bonanza for anybody looking at the max, and it gives OKC one more chance to keep the band together and take a crack at GSW. It's NEXT off-season where people need to be lining up their ducks.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Good to know the Rockets players are doing their best to end this series as quickly as possible in order to give Morey and Les access to the deepest pool of coaching talent as possible.

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

That makes sense, but if KD is interested in winning- I wonder if he would bolt pre emptively, since teams are going to try to lure Westbrook. Now, obviously, if KD knows that Westbrook is staying than that's moot.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

OMG, just hire this guy already. I know Morey will hire this guy once the Rockets are eliminated.