1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Van Gundy is at the top of the Rockets’ list of candidates

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Apr 18, 2016.

?

Would you be okay with bringing Jeff Van Gundy back?

1. Yes — bring him back.

88.9%
  2. No — been there, done that.

11.1%
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You just exploded his brain.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think this is correct, that Les wanted an offense that was "more fun to watch" (maybe I'm paraphrasing here). Maybe even more Phoenix Suns-like (they had Nash at the time).

Clearly, though, our team has spiraled down to such a point in defense that I'd be willing to accept scoring 95 ppg if it means winning more games. Defense is effort and it's tough to watch no effort (not that I'm lecturing you, I'm sure you agree).

JVG's offense was a little stagnant. I think what we have now, though, is predictable, and therefore more easily defended if the other team is so inclined; our wins depend on how far Harden had his head up a hooker's ass (up to the nostrils? up to the shoulder blades?) the night before the game.

3. ibm

ibm Member

then who do you suggest?

4. OpportunityCost

Ettore Messina: Four-time Euroleague Champion. Over twenty-years of head coaching experience and current assistant coach for the Spurs.
    Sean Miller: Arizona Wildcat head coach.
    David Blatt: In between jobs.
    Jay Wright: Villanova head coach.
    Ime Udoka: Spurs assistant.

Heck if people just must have a name that they are familiar with and has some connection to the Rockets I'd rather give Calvin Murphy a shot. Wardrobe aside, this guy has great insights on what should be done in a game, IMO. You know he wouldn't take any mess from any of the players either.

5. ibm

ibm Member

i can actually see murph coaching this team.

others... meh. what have they done that jvg cannot or do better?

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Agree 100%!

7. Nook

Nook Member

What the hell has Sean Miller ever done to deserve the shot to be the Rockets head coach? Blatt? The coach that none of the players respected and almost lost a key playoff game last year by trying to call a timeout with none left, and it wasn't noticed by the officials because LeBron distracted them? Udoka? I don't believe he has ever even been a lead assistant.

Calvin Murphy can't even keep his wardrobe organized or his personal life, no way would he be a good head coach.