1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj Tweet] Houston and Portland working teams hard to get #3 or #4 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Yup it's like Bynum vs Ibaka. Ibaka is intriguing, but Bynum is unmissable.

2. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

More like Brandon Roy.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If any one can move up in the draft it's this Rockets team with it's collection of draft picks. The NY picks, Hill, Chase, Battier, 14th pick, Lull

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree, I kinda think this is much more likely than moving all the way up to #3 or #4. Udoh probably has the most upside of most players in this draft.

5. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

That's what Portland said before drafting Oden. The problem with having a big that's 270+ lbs are foot, ankle, back and/or knee injury issues. The bigs around 250-260 lbs play more games.

6. Htown's2kFinest

this is all setting up for that big day when we finally get Lebron James in a Rockets jersey. :p

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Question that comes to mind: Why are the Blazers wanting to move up? I mean, isn't this the team that's supposed to be playoff ready and veteran-laden by now?

Oden/Camby
    Aldridge/Pryzbilla (no way he's opting out of his contract)
    Batum/Fernandez
    Roy/Webster
    Miller/Bayless

What hole do they have that they would want to move up to the #3 or #4 slot to take a flyer on a project? Of course they can always move up to get a higher pick to facilitate a trade to another team (Aldridge, pick, fillers for Bosh?). The last couple of seasons I think Pritchard gets antsy and make moves just to make them (i.e. throwing ridiculous money at Hedo, giving Millsap an offer sheet when they didn't really have a starting spot for him to begin with)

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The Rockets must not be as locked in to Bosh as this board makes it seem.

What could the Rockets offer to land a top 5 pick and still have enough left over to land Bosh?

9. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Because he heard Morey was trying to move up so naturally he wanted to acquire a pick one slot ahead of whatever Morey's aiming.

10. BetterThanEver

It's more like Yao vs Stoudemire and Oden vs Durant. The big giant 270+ guys are brittle or irrelevant for the most part. It's the 250-260 lb guys like Gasol, Duncan, and Garnett that are able to run down the court without breaking their foot arches.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Oh I knew being a dick is one of the reasons why Pritchard would do it. But it doesn't make sense from a personnel standpoint unless they're using that high pick for a package to acquire one of the big FAs.

12. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

Roy never had as many problems with turnovers like Turner has had, and Turner is a superior rebounder than Brandon.

Pierce is a decent comparison, but Turner needs to improve his shot.

13. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Have you ever seen Cousins play? The guy can run the fast break. Shaq ran like a deer with the weight he carried. Yao is brittle because he's 7'6, Cousins is 6'11. Funny that you proclaim a guy injury-prone who has yet to play an NBA game.

14. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

This board hates K. Pritch almost as much as AWoj does. It's hilarious.

BTW, I wouldn't believe many rumors about Pritchard's interests, etc during draft time. That guy intentionally sends out misdirections and smoke to media personnel to throw off other teams.

15. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I was kidding in my previous post. Seriously, I think one thing Morey and Pritchard have in common is that they both love cheap young talents.

16. BetterThanEver

The only way it makes sense is if he is replacing the SF. Batum and Fernandez is the weakest link. Batum is a 5-10 pt player. Fernandez doesn't fit their system at all.

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think the value of Cousins at 4 would be worth what we would have to give up.

It would probably take #14, Budinger and a 2012 first rounder. But I would probably do that.

18. BetterThanEver

You just compared him to Bynum, who has missed just as many games as Yao and Oden.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Turner has been compared to Roy the most.

20. worzel gummidge

They could replace either Fernandez or Webster with Aminu/Johnson?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.