1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj Tweet] Houston and Portland working teams hard to get #3 or #4 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Turner is projected 2nd. Morey is looking for 3rd or 4th pick. He's not likely to be there. Andersen and Hayes are scrubs. Yao is a 30+ yr old center who is coming back from the same surgery as Zydrunas. Z was only able to muster 20 minutes a game after getting the same type of surgery as Yao. There has been nobody that has come back from Yao's surgery averaging 30+ minutes.

2. worzel gummidge

Do the Raptors want the the 3rd/4th pick in a package for Bosh?

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yeah, Morey's been after Rubio for some time. What does that have to do with this tweet that he is allegedly after the 3 or 4 in this draft, since Minny has the 4 pick?

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Of course the info source doesn't mention anything about Rubio, but he's a possibility.

Both New Jersey (#3) and Minnesota (#4) will have significant cap room but might find themselves on the outside looking in, as far as the significant free agents this year.

If we really, really want to move up that high in the draft, though? Morey would likely have to surrender, say, some sort of combination of anyone on our roster not named Yao Ming. Even Kevin Martin or Aaron Brooks (so long as Morey has a backup plan to replace either player; let's face it, they can score the basketball all day long but can't defend Jack Squat).

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Possibly not even one of them. I like Cousins's talent but he is immature.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Cousins would step in and help. To a small degree at first, but better as the season wears on. He already has NBA size and strength so he would get time to play.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

There are alot of Rubio lovers on tonight. :confused:

8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Minny ain't trading Rubio, maybe if they landed the first pick but with the 4th pick I'd say either Love/Al is gone. Cousins and Favors are both way better prospects than anyone on the current Wolves roster.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

DeMarcus Cousins has the chance to be a physically dominant post presence in this league. Sure, he has some attitude issues and has a lot of work to do but I would be ECSTATIC if we somehow acquired him. I've been begging and pleading for a Yao insurance plan at center -- outside of acquiring Bosh, this would be my second best case scenario.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

A Championship type deal at that!! ;)

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is GREAT NEWS!!!

Please give us Demarcus Cousins!!!

Jordan Hill/CBud and all our draft picks...:)

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm pretty sure Morey is just bored and has started doing things just to do em. I guess hes that good. Your lives are his new playground.

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Absolutely agree, and advanced metrics love the guy. Cousins has an incredibly rare combination of strength, speed and size. Footwork and hands are solid too. He does need to develop go-to post moves - right now, he relies on a simple jump hook and bulling his way for a dunk - and that would hold him back from being a true star for a couple of years.

But immediately, his sheer strength, athleticism and basketball IQ would make him a double-double guy, I think. I think his "attitude" issues are largely overdramatized from what I've heard, but either way - I can't think of many better locker rooms and situations better prepared to handle a guy like that than Houston. Completely agree that Cousins would be a perfect fit here, and he's the only guy I could see Morey giving big value to move up for.

14. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I don't understand what you guys get the "Cousins is a lazy fat ass" impression from. The guy has a polished post game and he has a massive frame and enough athleticism to succeed in the next level, offensively he could be the next Tim Duncan, no joking. I hope Morey is targetting him.

By the way, Pritchard is one annoying son of a b****.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm not a Rubio lover.I have concerns about how he will adjust to the NBA. I also didn't like it when he pulled out and went back to Spain. I do feel that Rubio is someone who DN covets. He tried to explore the possibility of getting him when Tracy went down.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I also salivate at the potential of Cousins, he is a man beast in the making.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I like Cousins too,he's skilled plus he has an edge to his game.
    If acquired you'd have a potentially dominant force inside who has not been injured constantly.
    He'd have to mature but what 19 or 20 year old doesn't?
    The tools are definitely in the toolbox!

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yup I had to shrug my shoulders on the we are trading up for Rubio even though nothing says that.

19. anchel

anchel Member

Nope, look.

20. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

(Insert Morey Image)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.