1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj Tweet] Houston and Portland working teams hard to get #3 or #4 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I thought Oden was coming back next season. Why commit to 3 centers, when only 1 will start?

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Rubio? the tweet refers to the picks, getting Minny's pick wont get Rubio, maybe NJ's, but i doubt it. I think he's stacking up trade bait. Its pointless for Houston to draft a young'n, that asset could be better used going after a player who will immediately step in and help.

1 person likes this.
  3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

They wrote the same thing last year. The Rockets tried to use Carl Landry to move up. It's going to take ALOT to move up 10 or 11 spots and turnaround and go after Bosh. It'll be interesting, but I seriously doubt Morey can pull off BOTH.

4. BetterThanEver

Yeah, they need to trade the 14th pick for another guy like Shane Battier or Ariza.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If Oden recovers then they do not need one. He has been injured on more than one occasion,but I do think that Pritchard is more likely to go with the BPA.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah the link clearly states the Houston Rockets are trying to trade up for a pick yet you got people in here saying Rubio.

Last time I checked Rubio is not in the draft.

7. BetterThanEver

Rockets had no 1st round picks at all. You can't move up from 0.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

They allegedly tried to use Landry to get into Lottery. Yet couldn't getta deal done.

9. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I like Johnson. How about this scenario: Golden State drafts Johnson at #6, then trades him to us for Donatas Motiejunas at #14 and Budinger. Nellie lands a skilled big man like he usually covets, gets some value in Budinger by trading down, and we get a similar player to Bud (both can run the floor and shoot 3's) with a lot more defensive/rebounding upside.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Get Cousins... put him behind Yao... and S&T for Bosh. Done Deal.

11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Trade bait :)

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

My guess is that the Rockets want Wesley Johnson. Steals, blocks, and rebounds show athleticism. Three point shooting shows his skill. The big knocks on him are age and penetration. Basically, he could be a Kevin Martin with defense.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Gonna take ALOT of "assets" Do they have enough for both? Easier said than done.

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

You do this on purpose.

I am telling you Morey wants the 3rd pick for Turner.

Yao / Andersen / Hayes
    Scola / Hill / Jeffries

= $40 million. Why would he invest another $4 million for a backup PF?

Try thinking about it for a second.

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Morey wastes no time!

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Maybe they don't go after Bosh if they make that move, maybe Morey shoots his wad on someone in this draft they may think will be better than Bosh. I agree with you about it taking alot to move up 10 or 11 spots.

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Are you for real? Favors will be a beast at the 4 for many years. Hill will be a journeyman if he commits and I say that because he showed me much more in his stint with us. Previously I thought he might be a bust.

18. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I think he's more like Gerald Wallace minus the post game plus three point shooting. I like Johnson because with Brooks and Martin in the backcourt, we could really use some rebounding out of the SF. And his 3pt shooting is a major bonus.

19. worzel gummidge

Turner can play 1/2/3. In Philly he could slot in at the 1 an area of need or at the 2 with Iggy at 3 and Thad at 4.

If the Nets are going after a superstar for e.g, LeBron they're not going to want Budinger, Hill, and a future pick. They'll need that high lottery pick or vet/s to atrract that marquee player.

20. Htown's2kFinest

I hope we get Favors out of all this somehow...

Just as long as we don't lose too much of our team and we still have our best 3 players I'll be happy for trading up to get a top 3 or 4 pick. I would be willing to part with Budinger, Battier and some picks but not too much more than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.