1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj Tweet] Houston and Portland working teams hard to get #3 or #4 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I like it or:

Oliver part Kaksi (for those from Finland)

DD

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Wrong person in the hangout, btw. And I'm not -- I'm on a crusade to clear the GARM of clutter. Unfortunately, I keep running into your nonsense and repetition. I would think users would get rookified for posting the same message over and over -- but you seem to think the normal rules don't apply to you.

2 people like this.
  3. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

is portland always on our jocks on purpose? dag numit

4. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

true that.. Maurice Taylor?

5. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

lmao that sounds like a line from an 'excaliber' movie or that new robin hood joint hahaha ur on a mission huh? too funny

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn, you are absolutely right, Dayummmmmm.

After bashing a player that many folks on this board would like to have, TWICE on the same page, he tells you to not make the board negative. Speechless.

7. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Oliver Miller Part Two Sandwiches?

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Oliver Miller? Seriously DD?

I am thinking maybe my short break from the GARM wasn't short enough.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Let me clarify my point a little more.

I am not saying Production will guarantee success in the next level. Just as Height, athleticism, speed, "potential" etc etc do not guarantee success either. In the end, it is still a bet. An educated guess.

You gave the example of Sweetney, someone who produced in college and failed to live up in the pros. I am sure there are many other examples. But there are even more examples of those who failed to live up to their athleticism, height, speed, potential etc etc.

In the end, if I am making a bet, I will be betting on Production every time.

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Would you still bet on Morrison and Reddick, because of their incredible production in college? :grin: We can trade our 14th pick for them, I bet. They had a great college career.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

You mean their incredible scoring in college. But yes, they were busts. That's why its called a "bet", and not a guarantee. A percentage of them will not work out. Want a list of busts on "potential"?

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JJ Red was a bust? News to me...

13. BetterThanEver

There are alot more busts on head cases and potential than on hard working/productive/athletic/good measurements. I'd bet on Favors, Turner, Wall, Monroe, Xavier Henry, Al-Farouq Aminu and WJohnson having higher production and playing more games than Cousins.

14. BetterThanEver

He has missed over 100 games by his 4th year and has a career avg of 7 pts, 1.5 rebs, 1.3 asts, 0.3 stls. BUST! :grin:

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

There is nothing "potential" about Cousins. He produces NOW. That is why I like him. His weight may cause him problems in the future. His "immaturity" may hold him back in the pros. His lack of athleticism may mean he doesn't have what it takes on the next level. Those are all risks you take when drafting him. But I would rather take a Fat Shaq, a Slow Nash, a immature Durant who supposedly was too interested in video games, a headcase Amare, than a guy like Oden, or Favors, who were SUPPOSED to dominate in college, but failed to produce. And then get drafted high because of their "potential", athleticism, and good measurements.

Somehow, people think that they will somehow magically live up to their billing amongst grown men, when they couldn't even dominate college kids.

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

BTW I like Turner over Wall because guess why, Production!

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

You seen the DFM gen index chart lately? that thing looks UGLY :eek:

18. BetterThanEver

Produce now? He hasn't played one game. He hasn't proven anything in the NBA.

If you believe he is producing "NOW", would you make a sig bet? A tipjar donation of $20 for my username. :grin: It would be nice to have editing rights by the end of the season. ;)

You'll get $20 tipjar in your user name. If I do lose this bet, hopefully I can cover it with the winnings from BEAT LA. :grin:

19. BetterThanEver

I forgot the bet.

It would be for Cousins to make the top 5 in ROY votes.

20. CXbby

CXbby Member

-3% and new lows on the year. Everything had an ugly close today. I am worried that we won't even get up to 1120ish. Need that summer rally to LOAD UP on the short.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.