1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj Tweet] Houston and Portland working teams hard to get #3 or #4 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Attitudes can be changed for the better. What worries me about Cousins is that he is not even measure 6-10 without thick-soled shoes.

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

That would be somewhat of a concern, if he didn't have a 9'5 standing reach & 7'6 wingspan

Plus his 6'11 in shoes, so it really doesn't matter..

Keep in mind Yao's standing reach tops the NBA at 9'8, Cousins reach is only 3 inches below that ... :cool:

--RB

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Height, weight, speed, offense, defense, attitude etc etc.

Have people still not figured out what Morey is after? PRODUCTION.

It doesn't matter if you are short: Brooks, Landry.

It doesn't matter if you only excel in defense: Battier, Hayes.

It doesn't matter if you only excel in offense: Martin.

It doesn't matter if you have an attitude: Artest.

Daryl Morey does not measure players with conventional biases. All he cares about is if the player produces, and if this production contribute to wins.

Looking at production alone, Cousins should probably be the #1 pick.

4. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

keep Shipleys Donuts in business in Houston area - draft Cousins

5. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Nice find.

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

That's why we are concerned about Cousins. Eddie Griffin was productive before he came to the NBA also. Talent is worthless, if you waste it.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

While I agree with your premise that "talent is worthless, if you waste it", I am not really talking about talent, but rather "production".

"Production" does not care whether it comes from talent or hard work. It has nothing to do with "attitude" or "potential". Production simply is production, it does not lie.

MPG PPG FG% 3FG% FT% APG RPG BPG SPG
    32.6 17.8 42.9 32.0 73.4 1.6 10.8 4.4 0.9 E. Griffin
    23.5 15.1 55.8 16.7 56.5 1.0 9.8 1.8 1.0 D. Cousins

While Griffin showed nice potential in shot blocking, the biggest red flag was not the off the court fights, but rather the glaring 42.9 FG% for a power forward. Meanwhile, Cousins matches him in every area save for blocks, in over 9 LESS minutes. His production is simply on a different level in comparison.

As a matter of fact, his production is unparalleled in this entire draft. Not flash, not potential, not hype, just production. And I know for a fact that Morey will not be blinded or swayed by anything but numbers. Cold hard facts. So if Cousins somehow slips because everyone else and their mother is worried about his "attitude", don't be surprised if Morey swoops in and buys low. No player is a guarantee, but this is one of the few guys that can actually be that mythical "franchise player".

#487 CXbby, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  8. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Stay away from Cousins please.

So unathletic (but nimble though) by NBA standards and he's a dumb, lazy, narcissist, naive bum.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Morey would obviously look for solid production at a low cost as a option through the draft.

However, I feel he would pick Cousins and package him with other assets to get an established NBA player(s) who could fit in more quickly with the team and make an impact on both ends of the court. I don't think it's necessarily going to be Bosh.

I also feel Morey will not break the bank to get a star. No star will want to come to a weak team,and a max contract needs to be match production needs. DM should and probably will take all these factors into consideration.

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

If I could negative rep... this would be one of those times.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - Kentucky homerism negative rep.

;)

DD

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

DEMARCUS COUSINS IS THE NUMBER ONE PROSPECT IN THIS DRAFT. EVEN BETTER THAN JOHN WALL WHEN IT COMES TO HOUSTON ROCKETS DRAFTING. I'D TAKE DEMARCUS COUSINS OVER JOHN WALL IF IM MOREY.

And to be able to do it with the 4th pick? Sign me up. My trade route is to trade up for the Golden State pick, and then ship that pick to Minnesota. Kahn would bite in any second if we can get Aminu or Johnson for him

13. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Hooray for homerism neg rep!

Would I get pos-rep if I praise John Wall (as he rightfully deserves)?

:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wait, I thought one can always negative rep, no? Just push the "-" on the feedback part, no?

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sure, give it a go on me.

;)

DD

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

DD it's not homerism negative rep... it's uneducated posting and bringing nothing to the table negative rep.

I assure you that the poster has no idea of the intelligence of Cousins... nor of his work ethic... he's simply spouting off.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DaDakota again.

18. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

There are many talented players who get by on physical talent without hard work in college but fail in the NBA. Eddie Griffin was one example. Kandiman had good stats in college. Sam Bowie had good stats in college.

Mandry is undersized and has short limbs, but outworked taller and bigger guys drafted ahead of him. They may have been more talented, but Mandry's done more than those taller more productive guys drafted ahead of him. Mandry continued to improved every year to become better. Those other guys tried to get by on physical talent.

19. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Sir, that's a 'no go' on the Cousins before John Wall.

20. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

If he was anywhere near like John Wall I nor anyone else would say anything. He has matured and has now become a pretty well mannered, responsible, decently well spoken young man.

Cousins still has a reputation for being a slacker. I know you're a KU fan but you can't deny his 16% body fat either. If that isn't lazy I don't know what is.

From http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeMarcus-Cousins-1318/ :
    He also said that he didn't like school, blatantly, to the GM's that were interviewing him.

I just don't think his mentality and attitude right now is right for our blue-collar team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.