1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] To rise from Game 1 collapse, Dwight will have to lead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Haymitch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Typical melodrama from Woj, but it is somewhat understandable. Most people outside of Houston will have their eyes on Dwight. Let's hope the team is pissed like Parsons says so that they'll come out aggressive on Wednesday.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Woj: Great at breaking news, sucks at opinion pieces.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Dwight cant be stopped by aldridge/lopez

he had a bad game 1 but he'll dominate game 2

4. Terry Teagle

Terry Teagle Member

I'm not sure why people are saying that Howard played poorly. He went for 27 pts and 15 rebs. People point to his FT shooting but he shot 9-17 or 53% -- that's around his career average.

We lost because (1) Harden had a rare terrible night and (2) McHale made poor adjustments.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Jesus WOJO..... talk about dramatic....

Morey IS ashen naturally, he didn't seem especially upset... there was no sense of doom and gloom. They lost the game by 2 points when playing terrible.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Woke up this morning just as disgusted as I was last night. What a collapse...

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

These next two days will be brutal

8. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

He's right. Harden's did not show up and has struggled in the playoffs since becoming a Rocket. It seems Harden's not the same player in the postseason. Howard's older and has been the man on finals team before. No problem with this

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

The loss wasn't on Howard. He didn't play great, but he didn't play poorly either.

If I had told you Aldridge would go for 46 and Harden would be 8 for 28 from the field, you probably would've guessed we lost by 10 to 20.....not led most of the way only to lose at the end of overtime by 2.

10. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Woj with "captain obvious" type article. Of course Howard will have to lead and be better than he was in game one. No earth shattering news here. He and Harden got punked by Portland's tandem of LMA and Lilliard on their home court. Rox still showed they had better overall team talent by still having multiple double digit leads but still got out executed/coached in the end. I'll say this, if Rox lose this series with healthy Howard and Harden, they'll deserve all the criticism they will get.

11. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

This is huge. Aldridge and Lillard can explode at any time, but I don't think they can do it the entire series, just like Harden won't shoot nearly as inefficiently for the remainder of it. No reason to hang our heads just yet.

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I think I've almost said this verbatim a few times in the past. What a puff piece. It's like he was trying to reach a word count.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I actually thought Dwight played really well outside if his complete choke at the FT line down the stretch. Refs screwed him all night long, but he was still very effective, though him and Asik need to box out Aldridge. He got wayyyy too many offensive rebounds and putbacks last night.

14. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Woj can't do any analysis.

15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

3 jump hooks and a free throw a quarter.
    Sounds easy enough.

16. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Dwight missed SO many bunnies last night. He got where he wanted to, he just needs to finish

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

This game was kind of a microcosm of the season. What we haven't done well all season, guard the 4 and rebound the ball on the defensive end, hurt us. On the offensive end, we go as far as Harden can carry us.

18. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Seen that close to all year though. He's not the player I thought he would be.

19. ryebread

ryebread Member

i don't think anyone is blaming Howard at all. most blame has been on Harden and Mchale. and of course there's always blame put on Lin, but that really has nothing to do with his on-court performance.

20. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

I saw woj chilling courtside before the game talking to gerson rosas and a bunch of rockets people