1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Terrence Jones being shopped for a first round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dockerland, Feb 20, 2013.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Wow, Terrence Jones is my favourite out of all the Power Forwards on our team. Can we ship Patrick Patterson away instead?

Patrick Patterson for a first rounder.

2. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

His motor is what made him slip in the draft.

3. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

in morey we trust....

but i dont like it.

TJones has a lot of potential and he can play the 4 and the 3. TJones is great insurance policy if delfino or parsons gets hurt.

I mean he's a first round pick that we now have more info on, why trade him for another 1st round that's less known?

4. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Terrence Jones is a first round pick basically. This only means one thing in my opinion - Jones isn't as "untouchable" as some of you thought.

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Why do we want Mirotic? This is clearly to clear more cap room so we can offer a larger contract in the summer.

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

the increase in the amount of capspace we have is more than worth it for a unproven rookie PF.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Coach Collins said James Harden himself had some motor issues....sometimes it takes time and a good situation.
    Playing in the Dleague long term does not improve his chances. He has to ball with the big boys.
    I agree he need minutes either with us or with another team.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Every guy we took somehow slipped.

JLamb could be higher too
    RWhite for obvious reasons
    TJones slipped

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Nah, he's a special talent. If its just about cap-space find another player to move. That's not a good enough reason.

10. allaroundplayer

Jones was picked #18 and that was considered low for his talent level. I don't think his value has decreased, but increased, since I'm sure he is a better player now if he has been learning and putting in the work which every indication is that he has. Plus he hasn't lost his confidence by playing too much before being ready like some rookies. The 2013 draft is not projected to be very good. Combining all of these factors, I estimate his trade value to be a mid-lottery pick between 5-10. This is what Atlanta is looking for as part of a trade for Josh Smith. It beats the Lakers lottery pick which Phoenix has that should be higher 11-14. If the Rockets really wanted a draft pick for themselves and PF is acknowledged by Morey to be their weakest position why would they do that? To draft another PF not as good as Jones? That is why I believe it is part of an attempt to trade for Josh Smith.

11. AbrahamLincoln

He did not bring any unique talents that others on the team don't have. From a few of the D-league and summer league games that i saw, he had some handles and rebounded well and given sometime I bet he could score somewhat efficiently.

Royce who no other team will want right now has handles and once he loses some of his twittering weight should be more than able to rebound. DMO also can rebound and has a comparable 3 point shot to Jones.

When I consider Royce DMO and PPATT, Terrence Jones becomes expendable. Only because he does not suffer from mental illness and hes not an athletic 7footer that can post some. I imagine we can't move Royce, won't move DMO, and won't move ppatt unless its for a bigger deal.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Mirotic if he was available would help accomplish that. He's not coming for at least another year, likely 2-3.

13. SRR21

SRR21 Member

this is the last thing I thought was going to happen. Sounds like McHale dosen't like Jones to me. Jones after astrong summer league and all that work back and forth from Vipers no playing time and on trade block wow. I was looking forward to seeing this kid play here.

14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Yeah I'd prefer to trade away Marcus Morris first.

But honestly speaking, we are trying to make the playoffs, and Terrence Jones isn't going to contribute much. Might as well trade him away while his value is still high.

15. SRR21

SRR21 Member

what do you mean?

16. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

we would be too soft in the paint

17. SRR21

SRR21 Member

this is the last thing I thought was going to happen. Sounds like McHale dosen't like Jones to me. Jones after astrong summer league and all that work back and forth from Vipers no playing time and on trade block wow. I was looking forward to seeing this kid play here.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lamb gone(although yes, for Harden)
    Jones shopped(on the way out?)
    and we all know about Royce.

"No! We can't trade these guys! Next stars! Can't trade them! Don't do it Morey!"

Haha :)

19. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I think the best deal Rockets can get is a top 20 protected pick or something for Jones.

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

"i wouldn't trade them for Anthony Davis, 3 upsides > 1 upside!" :grin:

1 person likes this.