1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Terrence Jones being shopped for a first round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dockerland, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Arthurprescott2

If Mirotic is as good as you say why would the Bulls trade him?

More generally, does shopping TJones mean there are no takers for Morris? Please tell me there are takers for Morris...

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

"Lest you think that this is just an issue of playing against European competition, it's worth mentioning that this preseason, Mirotic played two games against the Memphis Grizzlies and the Toronto Raptors and averaged 15.5 points and 9.5 boards in those two games."

Look, you can make a point without acting like some jerk with an overblown sense of how important your opinion is in relation to those of others. What's your purpose here? To make me look stupid? Don't you think i'm also aware that he's an unproven player since he hasn't played in the NBA yet?

We're talking about just giving up Terrence Jones for him not someone like Parsons or Asik.

I never disrespect or post smartass replies or pictures in here so i'm the least person you should be treating this way. A little respect please.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's Terrence Jones's ceiling? Stromile Swift?

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'd say Toronto T-Mac.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

He is athletic. Trading for the future is always good.

6. hahachui

hahachui Member

Why TJONES?

Could we trade morris!? and give more PT for DMO and TJONES....

I remembered a game of Jones had two block shots...in limited minutes...
    He will be good with enough playing time...

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I definitely did not intend to come off that way, so don't take it personally. And I don't necessarily disagree with you either... admitted I don't know much about Mirotic. I wanted to know why you are so high on him? Have you watched any of his games, or is it just based on what you've read? In a quick google search, I saw something that said he's not planning on playing in the NBA for at least 2 more years anyways, if at all. I understand the infatuation with the 'unknown' (to most people) and possibility of hitting the jackpot, but Terrence Jones is a pretty good prospect too. During pre-season, people here were thinking he was a sure thing. Is it your opinion that Mirotic will be a better NBA player than Terrence Jones?

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Honey badger don't care.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

probably because teams want him.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Because 1st round pick of Euro studs are tricky. They get slotted as 1st round picks, and therefore can't get market value, making them more affected by their buyout numbers as well as their current salary overseas. This was why Petrovic was the 1st pick of the 2nd round a few years back, because everyone knew he would not have come over as a 1st round pick.

11. hahachui

hahachui Member

i doubt if we can get a lottery pick from trading him....

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Once again, no disrespect was meant. I wasn't impressed with the video, and neither was Makayla ;) Relax, just a harmless joke.

13. allaroundplayer

So we are going to trade a guy (that doesn't play) who is good enough to bring a first round pick and keep guys (that play) who aren't good enough to bring a first round pick?

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Honestly, i'd rather trade Morris because i like Jones' upside as well. But i really think Mirotic will be a special player if he does decide to play in the NBA. Maybe in a year or two. Again, that's just my opinion.

Regarding your post, i may be a little sensitive when it comes to such replies since i'm not a fan of questioning people that way and posting pictures that implies that the poster made a dumb post.

There is a more respectful and decent way of asking the poster for more info regarding his/her post without the additional unnecessary side comments and a picture to insult or make fun the poster/post.

Again, maybe its just me. It's just not my style to talk to fellow Rocket fans in here in such a fashion unless they're being disrespectful from the very beginning. Even then, i'd try to stay away from those meaningless arguments. Never take anything here personal so it's cool. Just wanted to stress my point that we should be more respectful to each other because frankly, i don't think people would disrespect a person here if he was right infront of em in person.

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

It's actually somewhat of a pipe dream trade on my part. I doubt the Bulls would want to part with Mirotic. Depends on how desperate they are on getting rid of Hamilton's contract i guess. I think Mirotic would easily be a lottery pick if he joined the next draft instead.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sounds kind of like Jan Vesely. Why not just trade for Vesely.

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

it doesn't........

18. jocar

jocar Member

Picks to offer in a trade package for all-star numero dos? Guess no one wants Mook? If it happens, this will come back and haunt us when we see him doing this
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MQlbO8oX7M4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> on a regular basis in a couple of years. :(

19. jocar

jocar Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...drivers-seat-entering-2013-nba-trade-deadline

20. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

I'd be really happy if we can get rid of Marcus Morris for Tyler Hansbrough and then work out a bigger package for a good PF in the offseason.