1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj Sources: Warriors serious threat to sign Kevin Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

If I'm Durant, why wouldn't I? I see this as The Decision Part II with the same result. It's ring or bust at this point in OKC or he bolts to the Bay Area, imo.

2. malakas

malakas Member

yes they can. Because he's a rfa with a I think(not going to check now if you want you can look it up on your own) around 9 mill caphold.
    They can a)agree with Durant in July b) before him signing dumb Iggy and Bogut and take back picks or cheap rookies c) sign Durant d) sign Ezeli and Barnes after Durant and go over the cap.

Not sure if they have to dump Livinston as well. But they can find teams for all of Iggy Bogut and Livinston who will be eager to take them and even pay back assets.

3. htownballa1622

I hate the idea of Durant going to dubs but it'd be sweet if they didn't mesh as well as currently constructed.

Their team right now is a nightmare.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, yeah, this would be worse than lebron (and the way it was handled sucked), but this would be a whole new level of bad...

Hey if they get Durant, they might as well sign lebron too, lol.. I mean even without Durant no one is challenging the Warriors atm.

5. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Can you guys imagine an offense with 4, 40% 3 point shooters. It's never too late to be a warriors fan folks

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

Lets not even chase Durant. Morey, Harden can call him once.

I'd rather chase Horford, Barnes, and Conley to pair with Harden while letting Dwight walk. Hope Capela puts in major work this offseason to put on 20lbs of muscle and go in as our starting C as to keep Horford happy(doesn't like playing C).

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Isn't their whole team already shooting close to or over 40% from 3 as is?

8. dream2franchise

It would be a fascinating experiment of chemistry and depth vs an incredibly potent offensive lineup.

There's risk, but the reward is so great. This puts a lot of pressure defensively on Draymond as Bogut and Iggy are the teams best defenders, and without Bogut's 'screens' GSW's sets won't flow as well.

Though comparisons to what Lebron did will arise, these are different situations.

Lebron left a team that couldn't attract any superstar talent, with inept management and coaching to play for a team that wasn't deep or coming off a championship.

KD is leaving Russ to join a team fresh off a ring and currently dominating the NBA.

Should be interesting to see where this goes.

9. underrated015

underrated015 Member

If you are durant, heck yea. Screw it. Possibly the greatest team ever and will be remembered instead of getting beat by them in the upcoming years? Easy choice

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I think it would make the warriors worse. durant is a ball stopper. so seeing that the warriors might be the best team in league history as currently constituted, please go for it.

11. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Durant doesn't get enough credit for his work passing and playing off ball. He is only a ball stopper bc that's what they need him to do.

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

i see your point but isn't that any ball stopper's excuse? and I just think that more max players doesn't necessarily = better team. especially with gs.

13. conquistador#11

morley faints. =(

what happened to houston being his mf'ing city?

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Now that the Rockets suck and are clearly headed in the wrong direction, it's safe to say he isn't coming to Houston.

However if we built on last season and got back to the WCF, I would have said we have as good a chance as anyone due to KD and Harden being really good friends.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you can't beat them, join them.

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

That would most likely mess them up

17. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

At this point, why would Durant, or any big-time FA, come to Houston? They'll get paid less for coming here, AND we apparently aren't anything more than a .500 club when fully healthy.

If I'm Durant and the only reason I leave is because I want to win, I join GSW, SAS, or CLE. Any other (realistic) move is lateral at best.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This defense is an abomination. The only way we win is if we score 130.

19. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

KD going to the Warriors is the equivalent of Hulk Hogan joining forces with the NWO. It would virtually kill any chance for ANY team to compete against them.

1 person likes this.
  20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

There's still only one basketball. The Warriors are already damn near unbeatable. Im not sure how much better adding another scorer will really make them.