1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj Sources: Warriors serious threat to sign Kevin Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Feb 2, 2016.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Exactly, I honestly believe they would have a good chance at becoming the best team in NBA history.... Think about that.

2. CertifiedTroll

Hmm, welp. If that happens lets start scouting middle schoolers. 2024 championship here we come! #pursuitlater

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

man if this happens I don't know if I'll even watch basketball for a year or two.

(I know I'll watch but damn)

I would seriously trade everyone of the roster but Harden and try and find fhe next stud in the draft and or free agency.

Honstly the only thing that's going to stop a team like that would be a generational big man like Shaq that can just dominate down low. No guard play will compete.

Green is a great defender but 6'6 is still just 6'6 he's just not big enough to guard a dominant center.

Onky probelm? There is none.

4. malakas

malakas Member

the cap will rise by much but not that much. They can't fit Durant in and keep all of Ezeli, Barnes Bogut and Iggy.
    Unless of course Durant takes a 1 year of like vet min. Then sure.

I will just go back to watching the Euroleague.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Once again...I'm not sure they aren't already there.

I guess they need at least 73 wins and a title to officially lock it down, but I fully expect them to accomplish that this season.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

When it comes to Durant and GSW, sure he could go there and join an already winning team (perhaps back to back) and just be a sidekick.

BUT, if "role" matters to Durant, he could go to other top tier teams and be "the piece that puts it over the top." That "role" might have some appeal to him. That could be the Rockets or Clippers or some other team.

7. omgTHEpotential

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Durant is not coming to Houston.

DD

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, Woj said it is possible so I'm not sure why anyone would rule it out.

One of his best friends plays here and this was a childhood team of his. He's already complimented the organization publicly almost with a wink that he likes how aggressive the Rockets are with getting better.

Like if Morey pitches Durant to Houston it'll be with more than "You get to play with Harden..." he'll have plans along plans to show why this is the best place for him long term.

While a lot of Rocket fans think Harden is a bum and a loser, his peers don't see him that way at all. In fact his peers thinks he's about as elite as they come.

I'm going to say if Durant does not resign with OKC, the Rockets will be on his shortlist.

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Would these adjectives describe Harden - spiritual, peaceful soul, grounded life?

11. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Did not know Durant was very religious. If that's the case, Curry could really be a strong recruiter for the Warriors.

Durant has to sacrifice stats to play on the Warriors - and, in no way will he ever be the alpha dog on that team. He would have to play second fiddle to Curry and even Green.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Why not just resign Barnes and Ezeli? The Spurs are gonna break down from old age at some point(unless they can somehow replace all their veterans at once for a seamless transition). That's really the only team standing in their way in the West right now. Not that getting Durant is a bad move of course, but they'll have to let some other guys go to fit that salary which is always a risky move.

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

They probably will keep Barnes.

Iggy is the one that is replaceable when Durant joins them.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

He told you?

15. Omron

Omron Member

LOL. Was that a trick question?

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

All speculation. Just some bait to get more views.

17. malakas

malakas Member

Because Barnes at max and Durant at max are only a difference of 4 million dollars.

18. lionaire

lionaire Member

19. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I don't think Warriors want to sign Barnes to the max. Some team is going to offer Barnes the max, and the Warriors would just rather sign Durant to the max instead of Barnes.

20. thething

thething Contributing Member

You're sure they can keep Barnes? I was under the impression they would have to give up Iggy, Bogut, and Barnes (and keep Ezeli and Livingston). Barnes will want a huge raise and his cap hold is about 9.5 million I think.