1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj Sources: Warriors serious threat to sign Kevin Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Feb 2, 2016.

1. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

They also, I believe, wouldn't have the ability to offer the fifth guaranteed year and the higher percentage increases each year, no matter how much cap space they had. He'd have to settle for a lower max deal if he signed a 1+1 with any other team.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin Durant should stay in OKC but a move to Golden State suddenly makes sense. <a href="https://t.co/ZlrJiMgb1H">https://t.co/ZlrJiMgb1H</a> <a href="https://t.co/8sSHCQDJlF">pic.twitter.com/8sSHCQDJlF</a></p>&mdash; Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/745223565432193024">June 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;same source maintains that if Durant doesn’t re-sign with OKC, he would prefer to join the Warriors&quot; -- <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN">@FisolaNYDN</a> <a href="https://t.co/0bBPj1KIZp">https://t.co/0bBPj1KIZp</a></p>&mdash; LetsGoWarriors (@LetsGoWarriors) <a href="https://twitter.com/LetsGoWarriors/status/745281437214007296">June 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Bogut
    Green
    Durant
    Thompson
    Curry

Bench: It doesn't really matter, Livingston Speights?? They would have to let Iguodola go. Harrison Barnes goes. Varejao goes.

I almost wish this happened so I could check out of the NBA for about 3 years and focus on school and other things. No reason to watch if this happened.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If they don't land Durant, I wonder if Dwight Howard makes sense for them. Bogut is slowing down, and their other "bigs" aren't worth a damn.

For that matter, I wonder if former Warrior David Lee makes sense for them.

6. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

I was thinking earlier today that GSW probably wished they had David Lee for 10 minutes in game 7. All they needed were a few easy buckets during the 4th quarter.

Bogut can't stay on the court and Ezeli was horrible in the finals with a team worse NetRtg of -19.1 compared to a team NetRtg of -0.6

If Howard is willing to take a huge discount for one year like David West and get a few easy dunks per game and play solid D that would probably be perfect for them. Ezeli has stone hands just like Asik and seemed afraid to go up strong for dunks. I think he's played his last game for GSW.

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

not the same players at all, Harden has lots of iso plays because his team mates are unreliable players who can create their own offence and Carmelo can't pass like Harden and create for others.

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I say if he goes to gs he deserves more hate than lbj! Weak sauce!

9. albuster

albuster Member

All the talk is just to add some spice to this boring off season. Durant is staying in OKC, Horford in Atl, Whiteside in Miami, and Conley is not a game changer by any means so he can sign with anyone and not make a dent unless he signs with a contender. He will most likely stay in Memphis. So merrily we'll roll along.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not that Lee is an elite player, but he is at least competent and productive for Dallas this year. Ezeili and Varejao in Game 7 were just a total disaster so "competent" would most likely have made a difference in what turned out to be a very close game.

Dwight would be a huge upgrade for them, too, as long as he accepts how they play and doesn't mess up their chemistry. I think he'd be pretty efficient in a system where he's surrounded by shooters and gets the space to just finish dunks and layups (which isn't something one can count on Bogut, Varejao or Ezeli ot do reliably).

11. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

GS's problem is when the outside shots aren't falling, nobody can score from the inside. KD doesn't strike me as solving that problem. When the pressure is on, he settles for outside jumpers or tries to drive and slips and falls.

A swap of Green and Love actually makes a ton of sense. They'll never do it of course.

12. Sanity2disChaos

The new era Lakers in the city of angels.

13. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Exactly. Lee was 12 of 19 for 28 pts against Cleveland in two games(40 minutes) during the season. Sometimes you need a guy who can "just get buckets" when the outside shots aren't falling.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

How does that make sense? Green can do everything Love does but is quicker and can defend all 5 positions.

15. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

It doesn't make any sense at all.

and lol at Howard being any sort of fit on GSW, how'd catching lobs and playing defense work out for us??? I think they prefer Centers who know their role.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

KD on the Warriors would be absolutely unfair. I don't think it will happen though.

He should stay with OKC. WB is a monster. Adams will improve on both ends as shown in the playoffs. Kanter is a top flight player off the bench. OKC needs to add some veteran leadership that allows them to stay focused consistently.

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

It'd be like Larry Bird, Dale Ellis and Mark Price on the same team in the 80's or like Mitch Richmond, Glen Rice and Reggie Miller in the 90s. Or Steve Nash, Ray Allen and Peja Stojakovic in the 2k's. All in an era with no hand checking and 3 point reliant league.

18. jlwee

jlwee Member

So their outside shots aren't falling, they turn to Love for more outside shots :confused:

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I miss the old days where good scouting and drafting were how you built teams to chase titles. nowadays these talented but weak minded players want the easiest path to a championship. it's kind of sad and pathetic when you look at it.

20. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

What Warriors need to fully complement their team is a big that can protect and finish at the rim.

KD isn't quite that guy although he would obviously add another scoring threat when Splash Brothers are struggling like in Game 7.

I would think Horrors is a better fit.