1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Royce White's battle with Rockets over anxiety disorder could cost him NBA career

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by azoghbi, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Trackball

Trackball Member

I am completely serious. I'd scan and post the doctor's note (with personal info censored for obvious reasons) if I knew where it was stored.

Granted, I have a tighter grip on reality than most, but it wasn't until I neared 20 that it happened...I really don't like to talk about my teenage years.

But still, yeah, I'm one of the lighter cases. But I do fall in that category--and that's what angers me so much about Royce White. If I was getting paid a million dollars a year to play the game I love, then my worries about working conditions would go away REALLY fast. I mean, my family counted on me to make to that level. They might really need the money to pay off the house and car and whatnot.

This is the National Basketball Association. 99% of the greatest basketball players in the world have played here. Hard work and flying on airplanes is in the freaking job description.

John Madden is afraid of flying too--but he still flew on planes when he coached. He only started taking his famous bus and horse trailer everywhere after he had been a broadcaster for years--and by then, he had earned it.

Royce White has not earned it. He wants these things handed to him on a silver platter. He is an entitled jerk that's using his disorder as a crutch and an excuse--and that's what's making me so damn angry!

1 person likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why has this thread taken over by that Troll2Hos?

3. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Comparing a girl to royce seems appropriate :D:D:D

4. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

the guy is a pimp trying to peddle his perception.

Mister to whores?

Yeah, pimp all day long.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Is Mr2Hos related to El Hitman?

6. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I think others have pointed this out previously. I'm just starting to learn about how the brain develops in young adults, and I'm a little surprised to read that although some 21 year olds can be very mature, that's it's quite normal for the brain to continue developing until about age 25 when a little wisdom starts to balance out impulsive action. I guess that might explain some of my own 21 year old behavior :p

I keep hoping that those around Royce who have a little wisdom and life experience can eventually help him get straightened out, in spite of his illness. It's unfortunate for the Rockets in the meantime.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

It is an impossibility that no one has given him sound advice. It's been 7 months since the draft and I'm certain someone close to him has tried to talk some sense into the kid. The problem is he's not listening. He's too arrogant and ignorant to see what's good for him. If he continues life will burn him in the end... and we can only laugh about it.

8. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

It really isn't funny.

Royce is an extremely talented player that we spent a decent draft pick on.

Wasting a draft pick... not funny.
    Wasting a life... NOT FUNNY.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Did he die or something? I'm pretty sure his squabble with the Rockets does not mean his life is wasted.

10. stefanb

stefanb Member

Nice analogy. I like it, I'm going to use it.

11. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Do not insult females, there are many WNBA players that would at least be willing to play in the D-League.

12. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

is that raccoon breath i smell

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/01/daryl-moreys-letter-to-royce-white/

14. amaru

amaru Member

Yes it does because basketball is all that matters....or did you not know that?

15. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Ideally, I like the Rockets to trade Royce White to Indiana for 6'11" Miles Plumlee.

Then again, if the Rockets tried to gauge Royce White's value around the league, they'd find he isn't worth a bag of chips.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Let's send him back home to the Timberwolves so he can be near his doctor and family.

Maybe get Budinger back in the deal.

Or maybe make it a blockbuster for Kevin Love.

Ha. I crack myself up sometimes.

17. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Derrick Williams. Minnesota only wants whites.

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Sorry for the repost, but yes, I went there...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>“@<a href="https://twitter.com/izakdavid13">izakdavid13</a>: “@<a href="https://twitter.com/factsionary">factsionary</a>: Every 50 seconds, a laptop is stolen.”Royce White @<a href="https://twitter.com/highway_30">highway_30</a> Faints!!!”<a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23BeWell">#BeWell</a> friend...</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/292399559609569280" data-datetime="2013-01-18T22:34:22+00:00">January 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>