1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Royce White's battle with Rockets over anxiety disorder could cost him NBA career

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by azoghbi, Nov 16, 2012.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Bad idea to get into a feud with Woj. He's vicious with those stories if you get on his bad side. :)

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

1 person likes this.
  3. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

no im not, the kraken and now royce were not the ones mad at the way management handled things, they were just the only ones crazy enough to speak out or had the platform.
    You'd have to read in between the lines in a lot f news articles, no one was openly complaining except t-will

4. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

yes, there is something called change, you know that
    yu get more information, you see more facts, you change your stance on things.
    Nothing in life is black and white.

5. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

god to know i have a fan, lol, this just put a smile on my face. someone actually cared about me long enough to search all my posts
    can i sign an autograph for you.

Rockets were not forthcoming with all the informatin on Royce initially
    Nw both sides of the story are coming out
    Of course, The Rockets are an organization, they can simply buy off the media to print what they want and stifle the truth, but bviously Royce is not letting them bully him
    And they wont let this go to court because they will lose- they knew his condition before drafting him. Even if they win, this just takes the way players view our organization as if it wasnt low enough as it is

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If Tracy Microsurgery McGrady couldn't get the front office to change their attitude about health issues, no one can. Whatever problem you may have, they'd like for you to suck it up and play. If you can't, they're moving you out.

7. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

Royce's problem is mental.The special thing abut mental illness is yu cannot really disprove it, becuase you don't know what is going n in the person's brain.
    If i faked a physical injury, an mri or other tests will prove i was lying.
    Mental illness toes the line, because the patient could simply be making up stuff or actually seeing things. Either way, the rockets knew about this before drafting him

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I wish Royce White would just go away. When will people get tired of the freak show?

9. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I thought for sure that Mr2Hos was Royce White, but after the shocking revelations of bobrek, I now think he is perhaps Manti Te'o's girlfriend.

1 person likes this.
  10. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

#bewell
    You might want to change the location of the comma (,) in your sig, it changes the meaning to what i believe Isiah meant

11. seyton

seyton Member

Man, this poor kid is going to have a moment of clarity in the future, be it 5 10 or 15 years from now and regret how he handled this so much. Sucks to see someone do something so dumb but be powerless to do anything about it.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It took about 20 seconds to find that. You could search to if you contributed to the site. Regardless, since you are talking "black and white", please point me to the facts proving your points. Or, are you just pulling stuff out of your a^%?

13. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

I don't want to know what's going on in Royce's brain.

I just want him off the team, because he's stealing NBA money.

14. UHcat

UHcat Member

Gotta give Rockets props for being supportive and, may I say, forgiving all along, despite all the ridicules they get from the league, fans, and even within.

There will be a point they need to stop the distractions though.

15. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

The Rockets interviewed him and vetted him before drafting him, Royce was pretty forthcoming about his condition, the main reason other teams stayed away from him. The rockets knew who they were getting.
    They also started a negative media wave against Royce, but stopped i'm sure after his lawyers got into it, and probably backlash from others.
    Royce however is not helping matter, but the Rockets knew that Royce was who they thought he was

16. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Have you been a Rockets fan since 2012? It sure seems like you know very little about the Rockets front office operations. Your d-league drivel smacks of either being 16 or just wholly uneducated about the Rockets system. Either way, if you plan to be a Rockets fan you should drop d-league attitude and get on board like a number of other Rockets rookies over the years. It's good for the players and it's good for the franchise.

17. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Royce wasn't fully forth coming. You watch and and read interviews with White prior to the draft and it all about how he is managing his issues and how they shouldn't be problem if some team woul due twice him a chance. All this stink about needing a bus and protocols came after he signed his contract. Then he blows up because he got treated like every other Rox rookie and sent to the DL. He was all good during the summer league.

But, so what? The bottom line about White is that he is crazy. The Rockets knew that and rolled the dice anyway. The man-child has mental and maturity issues and is angling to cash in his lotto ticket and go chase rainbows.

Maybe he turns it around next yer, maybe not. Rockets just need to keep doing what they are doing: letting him publicly flounder while limiting how much cash they have to give him.

18. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

If i plan to be rockets fan? you done lost your freaking mind. As if there is a criteria to be a fan.
    I could give 4 red (u know what) about how the rockets front office works, i know how a real nba front office should work, and that aint the rockets front office.
    For all the praise Morey gets, he sucks. I mean he got blitzed twice by grizzlies gm--twice.
    Lol, you must be a rockets employee trying to sell fake good cheer around as if everything is all gravy

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Hey man, hows that job at 7-11 working out for you?

20. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

u tell me, i wouldn't know