1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Royce White's battle with Rockets over anxiety disorder could cost him NBA career

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by azoghbi, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

You might want to pass that "real life" comment to Morey abut his stats.
    And i have always had a problem with letting rookies play during blowouts, thats bad for morale. If you a star nad you sucked enough to allow a blowout, you should finish it up and get the full blast f humility that comes with it. The rookies had nothing to do with it

2. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I hope your star player tears his ACL in meaningless minutes and you get fired... Rest the guys you need if you ever can... It's a long NBA season. Rookie's have earned their paycheck, NEXT they earn their burn. Same reason an intern at a job runs and gets coffee even though it's not theirs to drink...

3. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

that is called hazing and that could fly in the dark ages.
    Thats why i never interned for nobody
    You want me to work, you gotta pay me
    And when i start my job, you better treat me like a man, not your son or your dog.
    Thats what is wrong with the world today.

4. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

And if your star player was that horrible to get blown off the curt, maybe he deserves to tear his acl. Get some rest and let others utilize the minutes being wasted on him

5. tested911

tested911 Member

Mr2Hos I sorta understand what your saying but in anyline of work have you heard the term "pay your dues" , "earn the respect" , "hard work pays off"

You can be in business, school teacher, police officer, rapper, hustler, basketball player.

In life you first work your a** off before people respect you.

You must be really young or was fed with a silver spoon not to understand those terms.

6. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

Pay your dues is a term i have a problem with.
    Pay your dues is the mindset McHale has which is why he is sticking with PPat and Morris instead of trying out D-Mo T-Jones.

Did you see the team when sampson was coaching. He worked on a reward system, not the pay your dues system. If the star player was sucking it up, he benched him and gave someone else a shot, if that person plays good- they get more playing time.
    Greg Smith really showed his potential under Sampson and fully locked down the backup C position.
    Now that McHale is back, he actually has the nerves to play PPat at C while Smith is riding the pine. Why so that Greg smith can pay his dues.

You can keep using the pay your dues system, while you lose loyalty with players that can actually contribute. Paying your dues lead to losses, and disloyalty, reward system leads to competiveness and trust.

If New Orleans had let Davis paying his dues....do you see where im going with this.
    While Austin Rivers (wh was supposed t be the starting pg alongside Gordon) is not even backup pg and is not getting that many minutes

7. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I have no idea what MrWater is trying to say. It appears to be devoid of all reality-based logic.

8. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

maybe you need to step out of reality every now and then to see the full picture.
    Every single post i make is made simply on logic, well maybe not every one, 1 or 2 are strictly emotion based.

Maybe Royce was the wrong rookie to make a stand cos he hasnt really helped his case with his tweets and lack of actual nba sample size, but somebody had to step up to the Rockets

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I hope the Rockets throw this guy out on his ass and let him figure out how he he can support his life, his family, and future medical treatments without a career. All the sympathy I had initially ever felt for this guy has been pissed away by his continuous tantrums. He is no where near good enough to have any leverage in setting his own terms and the sooner he understands that the better.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Mr2Hos = same bad spelling as Royce White.

Just saying...

11. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

lol sometimes i type as fast as i think or lightly tap some keys, but that does not take away from my point.
    We all know that at clutchfans when people start attacking your spelling or grammar (even though they understand what you're saying), they could not find anything else wrong with your post.
    Everybdy here except people with edit buttons make grammar errors.

12. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Eye Dont':grin:

13. MonKing

MonKing Member

You have a clear idea how the Rockets should be run, from back office to the coaching staff. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess no NBA teams are calling you up for interviews. Am I right? :)

14. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

not a good argument MonKing. Not saying anybody is right here. But you can't just tell somebody they're wrong because if they were right they would have the job. We both know that's not how the world works.

I forget how the story goes, but George Washington dies and goes to heaven. When he gets to the gates [of heaven] he asks God, "who was the greatest General of all time." God points to this random guy [up in heaven of course]. Washington confusingly asks, "whose he, I've never seen or heard of him." God tells him, that if that guy had indeed been a General, he would have been the best in the world, he just never got to.

^^That's from some book I read btw

15. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Its not even about paying dues or what not. The thing with Royce is that how is he supposed to get playing time when he never showed up for training camp, practice, or conditioning...?

I at times questioned McHale's rotation but I'm sure non of us really know whether or not D-Mo or Jones are ready to play yet. But that's another story. Royce White however, has not done anything to prove that he deserves minutes. He never played in the D-League, the coaching staff and management doesn't even know his game fully yet because he decided not to get on the RV to training camp.

Its not only the Rockets but I know for sure that every team in the NBA would not play White based on what he was doing at the beginning of the season. No teams would give White any minutes until he put some effort into practice and show that he's willing to work hard and dedicate to the organization.

The thing with White is that he never showed up to training camp in the first place even though the Rockets came to pick him up with an RV so he doesn't have to fly. But he refused to get on the RV for whatever reason. So, a rookie who has never experience an NBA game before, missed training camp, played a few Preseason basketball, was definitely behind everyone and was expecting playing time after a few games into the regular season...

If White was truly working hard with the team, came to practice every day, and put in effort, this would be a different story right now. White would most certainly get playing time if he would just put in some effort. But he never put in any effort or anything and was demanding playing time.

At the end, it just doesn't make sense for any NBA team to give playing time to a rookie who has never proven himself, never experience a single NBA game, doesn't show up to training camp, and skipping practice. All the rookies that are getting playing time across the league right now is because they proved themselves in practice and training camp. Coaches won't play you unless they know you can handle yourself out there.

16. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

MambaJoe, you are correct.
    Like I said earlier, Royce is the wrong rookie to be making his demands, he hasn't earned earned. But someone had to stand up to the rockets brass, maybe it needed someone who was on a whole different level than others, because others were complaining privately but still following protocol.

About T.Jones and D-Mo, the only way you will know if either one of them is NBA ready is by playing them in actual games. And its not as if they are playing sgs, they are playing a position that we desperately need help at.

When sampson played T.Jones, he shwed he was up to the challenge. Why can't mchale follow the reward system, he keeps playing players even when they are sucking it up and letting his rookies rot on the bench.

During one pint last night agaisnt Dallas, Delfino turned the ball over on 3 straight possesions. A good coach would have taken him out to observe from the bench and see what he was doing wrong, but McHale kept him in.
    Sure mistakes are fine, the first one is understandable, second one on the very next possesion clearly shows his heart is not in that game, 3rd one is screaming "get me the hell out of here"

17. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Boy, are you in for a surprise.

18. MonKing

MonKing Member

Whoah! When did CF start requiring arguments be logically sound?! Post counts are going to start dropping around here. :)

Yes, you are right, of course. I usually don't mind the "I've got no experience playing/coaching/gm'ing but I'll tell ya what really oughta happen". Heck, that's the essence of the fan experience. TwoHos just takes it to the extreme.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Link? Or are you pulling that out of your a&*?

20. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Stupid White, I could really use a dimer on the Rockets in 2k. They suck.