1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Royce White's battle with Rockets over anxiety disorder could cost him NBA career

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by azoghbi, Nov 16, 2012.

1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Lighten up, that one journalism class he took in 8th grade helped him figure this **** out.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Royce White ‏@Highway_30

@WojYahooNBA And When the truth comes I'll be posting your article EVERYWHERE, then we'll see who's career need SAVING!

lmao

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah... we are talking about the guy that is turning down offers from ESPN. I think Woj will be just fine.

4. smr6

smr6 Member

Well those responses are similar to what you might get from a 5 year old.

"You're wrong I'm right....... So take that!"

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I guess White won't fall back on a journalism career, not with that grammar/spelling.

6. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

By the way, it's in reverse chronological order, to help you better understand his thinking process...

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Makes me dislike him even more and I didn't think that was possible

8. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

as a rockets fan, i do not like the fact that royce is not getting any pt
    However as a man, i can respect another man that stands fr what he believes in even if it costs him a career and wealth.

Plus finally, about time a rookie stood up to the Rockets about that d-league bs

Minutes should be earned in practice, not the d-league.

I do not support royce 100%, but the fault is on both sides.

The Rockets clearly knew about his situatin and still drafted him, now they have to deal with it. And no, they do not deserve any compensation from the league if they decide to waive him, no one forced them to draft him.
    No one, except maybe McHale

9. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

^^^As a rockets fan, i do not like the fact that royce cannot reach a decision with the rockets to get on the court. not that he is not getting pt, i agree he has to earn pt.
    But in practice, not the freaking d-league
    How else will the coaching staff be able to compare him to the current misfits we have at pf

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You do realize that practice time is limited during the season - don't you? For example, when the Rockets are on a 4 games in 5 days cycle, what good is it for a rookie not getting any playing time to sit on the bench and essentially do nothing except walk throughs and pregame warmups for 5 days?

During the season teams will go days without having any real practice time. The D-league gives young players the opportunity to play and practice in game situations.

11. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

umm...Royce, is that you?

12. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

i will extend sme #bewell energy your way :eek:

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What?? So do you think it's BS that baseball players have to go to the minor league, and cut their teeth there?? What good would it do for Royce to rot away at the end of the bench? In the D-League, he'll get professional coaching, some valuable playing time, and the ability to show his skill set on a public platform. When his play gets good enough for the Rockets to deem him worthy of getting a call-up, he will. You say playing time is to be earned, yet you're AGAINST the D-League? That's about as contradictory as it gets.

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

holy **** its royce white, look at the poetic sig

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Did White post his responses to Woj just now?

16. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

comparing baseball to basketball, is apples to oranges, i can easily attempt to compare soccer to basketball, but those are two different sports.

Hw will you compare Royce against current rockets players at his position if he is beasting away against lower competition in the d-league.
    The caches need to see him against his current competitors in practice to determine if he has d-league skills. Until they have such a time for a good practice, he can sit his butt on the bench. He hasn't earned any pt.

Also, why does a rookie have to pay his dues. The veterans did not pay their dues to him, they paid it someone else who may or may not have deserved it.
    If you have a good rookie with potential, why not play him.
    Wussup with all these rookie hazing.

If you were the smartest statician at your job, but your boss decided to let you make coffee or run errands for other staticians that you know cannt literally hold your jockstraps, how wuld that make you feel.
    Why should you hold back your own players.
    Marcus Morris for example lost a year of development with all the bs from last year while his brother was beating in Phoenix- although we had the better twin riding the d-league bus

17. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

There isn't a sport in the world I can think of where you get as much workout and overall improvement from practice as you do from playing the actual game. Practices, especially during the season where they are pretty light, is not going to get Royce NBA ready. Most practices consist of weights, film, walkthroughs and and pre-game shoot arounds. Maybe once a week they can slip in a short 5-on-5 but with the NBA grind, they have to watch that because starters are already getting good burn and you don't want to burn them out or risk injury. So most rookies and bench players are sitting, waiting and rotting on the sidelines waiting for a blowout so they can scrub for the last 2 minutes (rare), severe foul trouble (rare) or injury (rare).

So you can argue that D-League is not beneficial but this isn't your team to run. It's theirs. And they believe, and I fully understand, that it benefits the players (like it or not) to get game time in so D-League is the best for them to stay sharp and improve on their game. They want EVERY player on the roster to improve to be the next Lebron, CP3, etc ASAP. Every GM wants that and every coach wants that but not every player wants that. Some are just happy where they are or would rather make excuses than see the truth and put in the work.

How has Royce's stand helped his game or future in the NBA? Not only will this year be a wash, but next year he will be so rusty from lack of game time he will be so far behind the others (even those that made their D-League trips) and most teammates (and coaches) at this point probably have little faith/trust in him as a teammate after this ordeal, that I don't see next year as being any better for him actually getting a uniform on.

Don't waive him, just keep fining him. And next time there is someone with "issues", pass.

Edit: I posted this before you posted your statement above. There is so much cluelessness in that that I'm sorry I wasted my time responding to you because it's obvious that you've got some wires disconnected.

18. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Is this the first time you've ever followed the NBA? Are you unfamiliar with the term that I believe most people use, 'real life'?

Royce is nowhere near the 'smartest statistician on the job', and guess what, Marcus Morris 'lost' a year of playing time because he didn't deserve it, Jordan Hill and others outhustled him. But Morris worked on his game over the summer, improved his defense and now he's earned his playing time. And what's this nonsense about wasting time in the D-league. You do know that the D-league team the Rockets use actually implement Rockets plays, so that when we send rookies down there, they actually get to run the plays in D-league games that they (hopefully) one day will implement on the NBA court, without the horrific teething mistakes and getting playing time only in blowouts.

19. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

Hahahahaha @ saying anything positive basketball wise about Jordan Hill. Marcus Morris' skills diminished frm his last year in college to this year, and that is because the so called developmental league did not develop him.
    And that line about Rockets' plays must be a joke too, cos we rarely run any plays under McHale's system. Also, you can draw up the most perfect play as a coach, if you do not have the right players to execute that play, it was all for naught. While yu can draw up a terrible play as a coach, and a talented player can make that crap wrk or change it as he goes.

Royce is obviously the wrong rookie or player to be making this stand against the rockets and the d-league. Everyone else mumbled in private but still obeyed management. But it needed a crazy person (srry Ryce-#bewell) to see things a different way and point out the flaw in the system

20. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Nah, it was almost after the Woj article was published. I just posted his one-sided exchange with Woj because it was interesting, since it seems many people missed it.