1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Royce White's battle with Rockets over anxiety disorder could cost him NBA career

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by azoghbi, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

From what I understand, I think from one of his tweets, he pays for his transport. Theymust take it out of his contract.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I don't care how talented he is, if he had the kind of talent that would make him a lottery pick then maybe I'd say ok give it a shot. The reality is he's not that talented. He's not worth the headache. Look at demarcus cousins. Everyone knew he was a headcase but his talent stood out so much he was a lottery pick anyway. Royce is nowhere near there, anxiety issues or not

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Initially Royce brought it up , under the assumption that paying for it would make it easier to allow him to do it. That way he wouldn't be getting anything extra. That was back in training camp though. Woj now says they changed up his contract to allow the team to pay for it, so it sure doesnt sound like it's coming out of Royce's pocket.

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The sad thing for the Rockets is, after watching his Draft day video, no teams were willing to take a chance in him in the first round except The Rockets, due tue McHale's man crush on Royce.

We could've taken Tyler Zeller, Jared Sullinger, Fab Melo, Pery Jones III, Marcus Teague or Festus Ezeli, and Royce White & his RV would've still been available to us in the second round.

5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Thank you Woj..

6. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

lmao now SportsCenter says he is prepared to walk away from the NBA...

7. CowboyJeffR

CowboyJeffR Member

I also was not aware that the Rockets sent a car to pick him up for Training Camp and he refused to go. Interesting.

8. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

I was a fan and cheering for him to succeed, thought he was worth a risk. Now, not so much. I wish him well in his future career pursuits, and hope he matures and becomes personally responsible for his actions. Now Maury should cut him and focus on our development of players who are not cra cra.

9. DreamRoxCoogFan

Why the hate for Woj? He might be the best writer on the NBA. I'm thrilled that he's giving the Rockets so much love in recent weeks. He has now written at least 3 articles on the Rockets in the last 2 weeks. Awesome.

10. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

He's worse right now than Drama Dwight and all the other whining Diva's before him.

11. jclee

jclee Member

in his pre-draft video, i thought mchale wanted him really bad, but no one in the houston draft room wanted to take him

12. jclee

jclee Member

thank you mchale!

13. nbafever

nbafever Member

Royce better be prepared to play in the DLeague this year and enjoy it.

Coaches will never be pressured to play him in NBA games before our 3 other rookies.

This is real life.

14. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I admit this is a strange comparison. When a person comes out of the closet then thinks its their job to teach everyone about their situation regardless if you want to learn. White seems to be force feeding everyone an "education' on mental illness.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, we got that impression from you. You think he's self-entitled, a loser, will be out of the league in a year, and will fail at life. You've said as much, over and over (and over) again. How many times do you think we need to read this from you before it "sinks in?" Once just might have been more than enough, with all respect due.

16. liveguy

liveguy Member

this.

17. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Damn good article.

18. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

This is just totally unacceptable. It would be injustice to every single hard working player in the NBA if Royce gets minutes.

19. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I'm not trying to be a dbag but Royce White keeps bringing up that he needs to get healthy. How does a mental disorder keep you from playing Basketball? just curious.

20. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Did anyone catch Royce White's response to Woj's article?