1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets Sleeper for Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyc913, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

If you think about it all players are rented. I am not saying we would win a Championship or anything this year but if by some miracle from God won a freak Championship this year it would be worth getting him just for that. And we obviously can't win much with the pieces we have. Just remember high risk, high reward. Low risk, low reward. That can also go the other way too though lol.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

At 20-23, I'm not sure if I see us succeeding in the playoffs; at best we might be in the 6/7/8 seed range.

If we had a record like LA or Boston or SA or Miami does, I'd be all over this deal.

But to give up a lot of stuff (potential future) for a great player that may or may not sign is a lot to think about.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yao will never be the pre-injury player that he was. Melo is a diva,he will demand a trade once we get in trouble with or without Yao.

The sheer fact that he has been demanding to leave Denver so brazenly who can pay him more than any other team,is a red flag.

4. albuster

albuster Member

The Rockets are dismantling their line up for another one dimensional player? I think Mr. Alexander and DM are smarter than that.

1 person likes this.
  5. davestrate

davestrate Member

I really hope it happens and that way everyone will stop blowing DM already.

6. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Yes they are....this is what they do (rape other GMs) so don't worry about it. This trade coming up will be EPIC!!!

[​IMG]

7. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

I dont get it ...

what's the point of getting MELO and giving up picks and players

and he signs with the KNICKS this summer?

:confused: :confused:

so we can hope to get the #8 seed this yr? :confused:

8. HombreDeHierro

Umm... if we were 31-6, we wouldn't be needing Melo really.

If we get Melo, like another poster said, then we have the possibility of attracting CP3.

Gotta take the risk just for that reason alone.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

The only way Morey will trade for Melo is if he has follow-up moves.

Specifically, Morey must have a center lined up to shore up the defense. Our offense will be nothing short of elite with Martin + Melo + Scola. Elite offense + borderline top 10 defense is enough to make a serious run.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the juice is worth the squeeze

time to roll the dice

fortune favors the bold

strike while the iron is hot

11. Relentless

Relentless Member

There's a fly in the ointment,

****s hittin' the fan,

The lion will speak!

12. abcd1234

abcd1234 Contributing Member

I was thinking Nene might be involved in this deal as well, thats why we would want Melo and get to keep Nene longer. The Nuggets will probably blow it up by sending the other pieces elsewhere. For example, JR Smith to the Mavs, Billups to the Lakers, etc

13. chadyang

chadyang Member

Agreed. What do we have to lose if we are 20-23 now :grin:

14. On Top

On Top Member

This team will not win us a championship.

Why not go for it? It's not like Morey will blow us over. He knows what's up.

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Lebron and bosh took less to play with wade. Even with a new cba, he will still max 14m plus. I think it is more about playing in ny and winning than being forced or coerced into resigning with the rockets because of money. If the Nets say he was too expensive and they have alot of picks and favors, what do you think it will cost the rockets for that rental? Probably a whole lot more than Morey is willing to give up just like with amare. It was alot more than that bs about scola and battier for amare. The suns wanted landry but he was gone. Next the suns wanted pretty much all the young talent,the knicks pick, and to dump barbosa. Morey said no.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

another drama begin now. :eek:

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ok, everyone must remember, if Morey is going to rent Carmelo, it is only because he is expecting other players to be involved as well. Like Billups or Nene. He would not trade for Carmelo alone. Unless of course it was for Yao for Melo staight up. Which i doubt.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's not much of a risk to me, this team is average at best. Blowing it up is not that bad of an idea, and if the risk works out...you are talking about having a Star that may attract other stars.

Getting Melo could mean getting Dwight or CP3 too, especially if Morey can convince Melo he can get those guys...and he can if he can keep Melo.

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Something that could go in the Rockets favor is that the Nets aren't moving to Brooklyn for another three years right? Maybe Melo signs a three year extension until the Nets land in BK?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No they did not, they both got max contracts in a sign and trade deal.

DD