1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets Sleeper for Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyc913, Jan 19, 2011.

1. raleigh

raleigh Member

Rockets should grab Anthony and then ship him to NJ for all those draft picks. ;)

1 person likes this.
  2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Didn't the Rockets trade their 2012 first round pick? So that would kind of ruin that...

3. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

But also a douche at times. I agree with him and his stance against Lebron BUT you're a sports writer for Yahoo not an opinion column writer in the paper.

Also, I def don't wanna lose Martin if melo isn't here long term. Heck, I don't wanna lose Martin; Brooks or 2pat

4. Raven

Raven Member

I don't want him as a rental. That accomplishes nothing.

5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I think best case scenario can also land Melo this year and maybe bring in Nene as well.

Even if Melo walks, we would finally get some front line help. If New Orleans begins to try to shed some salary, try to bring in Emeka as well (regardless of his crappy contract). Having a front line of Okafor and Nene would instantly make us a top 10 defense IMO.

6. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Bring him in!

7. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

After this win against New York we have a chance with Carmelo.

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

At what cost?

What's the point of giving up the entire team for less than half a season to go?

9. MONON

MONON Member

I'm with you!

10. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

What would Morey be offerring? I want NeNe as well. Yao's contract wil probably end up being used. They wouldnt want Brooks cause they want to roll with Ty. I think they might take T-Will and PPat.

For me the untouchables are Lowry, Lee, T-Will, PPat and Hayes. I would love to have Lee+T-Will in the wings next to Melo. The rest can be used for us to improve.

Brooks+Martin+Battier+Scola+Miller+Hill+Bud+JJ. Flip the whole team.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

sure take a chance! better than having late lotto picks every year.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I understand this and agree but I have a feeling Morey believes he can sell Melo on the orginization. There will be a large window to do so if he's traded here. I'm on board if it happens.

13. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

This is gonna be epic.

Morey is gonna pull this off, unloading Yao's contract.

Melo will be on the clock on whether to leave all that $ on the table and go to NY, or, pocket the $ and sign the extension with the Rockets.

....all the while resigning Yao on the cheap.

Morey has a knack for re-aquiring former Rockets.

14. thejav

thejav Member

im missing something...whats the upside to this?? rent melo then he leaves to NY next season..what do we get???

15. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Problem is that the Rockets are not a Carmelo Anthony away from actually being a contender. If Yao was healthy it would be a different story, a waste of assets at this point in time, IMO.

16. faraza84

faraza84 Member

smoothie i think you need to make another video...to put some legs on the trade

17. underrated015

underrated015 Member

morey is holding out until everything is silent so he can offer less, denver is going to have to trade him before the deadline, sign and trade after the season is over is bad for both sides. looks like we can end up with carmelo for not much, morey is gonna hold out it seems.

18. joesr

joesr Member

whatever

19. OpportunityCost

1st round exit from the playoffs.

It would also go against Morey previously stating that "every move they make is long-term". Even with Melo this year, we aren't a championship roster, IMO. Also I hope Denver gets left out in the cold for being so Wall Street greedy with their demands, 5 1st round picks, lol.

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Melo has a player option of 18.5 next year, so it's not inconceivable that he could play out a shortened 2011-12 with whatever team trades for him and then becomes a free agent in the summer class with Chris Paul and Dwight Howard. He could still get on a super team that way and still get a huge pay out for one year.