1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Rockets Pursuing Deals with Trade Exception

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CJLarson, Dec 10, 2014.

1. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Rondo would rather get an assist than score and dude can penetrate. If u don't double he will score and if u do its Harden with an open three or lob city to D-12. Our defense would be even better and you wouldn't lose much with P-Bev coming off the bench. After all that T-Jones comes back and we win our third N.B.A title. Make it happen.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

It would be stupid to play Rondo alongside Harden. He would have to come off the bench and play alongside Terry or Canaan.

3. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

Bev, Papa, Terry and T-Jones are going to wreck opposing benches!

4. cml750

cml750 Member

Agree!!!! Plus he has had the reputation as a cancer and I like the chemistry this team is building.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Who do we have to give up?

6. papoose115

papoose115 Member

if we get rondo then we would have to change our offense up. we cant be a 3, lay up, free throw team because rondo cant shoot. harden needs ball in his hand for him to do majority of his work and i dont think rondo is a top player without a ball in his hand. if rondo doesnt have the ball then its basically 4 on 5. that being said... rondo still a beast pg. i just don know how our offense could utilize him.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What would be a realistic offer for Rondo?

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Boston sending Houston a #1 pick & Kelly Olynyk for taking Rondo's contract off the books .... with Houston sending them the rights to #BeWell.

First of all Rondo doesn't fit the TPE.

Cant shoot the three

Shoots 33.3% from the charity stripe (this season)

Doesn't fit with either Harden or PatBev.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Well... To get Rondo you cannot use the TPE and you need about 8 million in outgoing salary. Consider Harden, Ariza, Howard, Bev and DMO off the trade list I would assume.

You have to start with Kpap or Terry and then add another asset. Seems like Canaan would compliment Smart well going forward. They aren't going to want Terry. Kostas+Jones+Canaan+Dorsey+First rounder? I don't like that deal.

We will have to hurt our depth to get Rajon. Don't do that. Just try to use the TPE to add a solid rotation player now and see what the NOP pick + assets fetch in February.

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I really don't think Morey would bust up the group right now for Rondo, doesn't make sense...

Basically, it's a bunch of poster playing with 2k 15 and just coming up with stuff... I really wish people would come with some logically trade ideas instead pulling stuff from the crack of their..
    [​IMG]

T_Man

1 person likes this.
  11. cml750

cml750 Member

Agree 100%!!!!

12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

No to Rondo. Don't want. Stick with what's working and deal with the the trade exception.

13. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Definitely don't want Rondo.

I'm not sure how realistic Dragic is, but he would be great and obviously fits in the TPE. Suns don't need Terrance Jones, but if we could get a high 2nd for him, maybe they would do a deal of the TPE, NOLA pick, a high 2nd (from Jones deal), Marko Todorovic, and our 2nd rounder for Dragic.

After that, NYK 2nd, Terry, and cash for Brewer would be great.

This would be an awesome team going forward:
    PG: Dragic (Bev, Canaan)
    SG: Harden (Brewer, Daniels)
    SF: Ariza (Brewer, Pap)
    PF: DMo (Pap, Black)
    C: Howard (Dorsey, DMo)

That is a stout roster and still leaves us with the Sacramento 2nd rounder, Canaan, Nick Johnson, Capela, Llul, and Gentile as picks or young prospects to trade in smaller deals to tweak certain spots like backup bigs.

14. dmoneybangbang

Rondo is smoke and mirrors, I wonder who the real target is?

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Didn't Rondo already say that he'll re-sign with Boston

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I really don't want too give up a single thing beyond the TPE, Picks, Jones, Daniels, Black, Dorsey, Capela or maybe Garcia (I'd value the rep he has as a strong locker room guy sitting inactive on the bench over say Troy Daniels)

Bev/Canaan
    Harden/Terry/Johnson
    Ariza/Papa
    Motiejunas
    Howard

I get the idea of adding a PG. But there is no depth in the front court off the bench. I see the need for adding 2-3 quality bench guys too the front court someone like Faried/Garnett/Bass/Etc. if the Rockets are going to get past teams like the Clips, Grizz, Thunder, Blazers, etc. From there I'd even look at adding a shutdown wing defender for a close out situation with a team with 2 elite scorers like Warriors, Thunder, Spurs, etc before addressing PG..It's probably behind SG as the deepest position on the team

17. carib

carib Member

Yeah, I would rather they go after Brandon Bass, I think he would be a better fit and good move since there is no time table on TJones coming back.

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Give me Calderon As a backup.

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

caanan played what 5 min tonight? is it because he's hurt? or is it because he gone!

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Or jeff green. He and kpap can play spot minutes at the 4