1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Rockets Pursuing Deals with Trade Exception

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CJLarson, Dec 10, 2014.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I don't see Bass as an upgrade to D Mo anymore, and I think Rondo is less of an upgrade over this year's Bev than last. We have issues with depth and could use a stretch 4, but Harden's amazing playmaking makes a player like Rondo less essential. With the growing chemistry of this group, I think you either make a move to bolster depth or make a big time move at the 4.

2. MONON

MONON Member

You left out: Black, Dmo, TJ, Garcia, Beverly & Papa. All are shooting > 70% this year. Also, Papa's the only one of the group shooting between 65 & 70%. That's not good when you're trying to protect a lead. Someone else has already asked if we were trying to acquire the worst ft shooting team in NBA history by trying to get Rondo.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Sure , but having multiple poor FT shooters gives them options and allows them to deny the ball to those better shooters more effectively ...

What about FT shooting in normal situations (not hacka???). Adding Rondo to an already poor shooting roster just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Current season stats -

PatBev - 54.2%
    Black - 48%
    Dorsey - 21.1%
    Howard - 46.3%
    DMo - 64.8%
    TJones - 75%
    KPap - 66.7%
    Rondo - 33.3%

These numbers are one reason teams are able to be very physical with the Rockets and get away with it .... They can afford to play aggressively without being concerned about fouls for pretty much the entire game - Unless its Harden , Terry or Johnson who all shoot better than 80%.

1 person likes this.
  4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Look closer friend, I think you can figure it out.

(Hint - Harden isn't playing all his minutes at SG)

How old do you think Bass and Rondo are exactly?

Both are 29....

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, if we pick up Rondo, our FT shooting will be comically terrible outside of Harden

6. MONON

MONON Member

But they can foul them every 20 seconds. Offensively speaking that equates to a "stop" every 20 seconds for the opposition.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

8. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Dragic, Rondo... just want one of those.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Suns are stuck in NBA purgatory. The Rockets spent several years there until Morey reeled in Harden. The key is assets. Perhaps Phoenix is thinking the same thing? They certainly have assets, a lot of them. They are probably hoping to trade for a player with upside, someone who has shown flashes of greatness, when given minutes, but is stuck on the bench unable to showcase their potential. Gee, do we have anyone on our team like that? Someone seven feet tall? And that's the holdup, I bet. The Suns might be willing to send us Dragic for the NO pick and D-Mo, and Morey isn't having any of it. Seems plausible.

10. tzou88

tzou88 Member

They want a star, let's give them a star. DMO for Dragic and pieces.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Think playoffs

Rondo
    Harden
    Jeff green
    Dmo
    Howard

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd give them the NO pick in a split second .... But at this point , DMo is almost untradeable , just an essential part of this teams success , this year and going forward.

Basically you'd be plugging one hole & opening up a bigger one. Besides Howard & DMo they really don't have "NBA Quality" bigs .... despite the surprising play from Black.
    Harden , Howard , DMo , Ariza , PatBev I wont move this season , KPap & Terry I'd only move if I'm getting a spectacular return.

Just my opinion ....

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Then you have Howard & Black as your starting bigs .... with Dorsey backing them up.

No .... 43.4% combined FT shooting and no one with a "reliable" post game .... Doesn't sound like a team with championship aspirations to me.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Never trade a big for a small

15. cml750

cml750 Member

Agree, I would not trade DMo unless we are getting someone like Bosh or LMA in return. Besides, as much as Harden is the playmaker on this team, I just don't think bringing in a PG like Rondo or Dragic makes sense unless you get a real bargain for them which I do not see happening. No way do you create another hole by trading someone like DMo.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

What is Boston looking for in return? 1st? Player(s)? Position? If we can get away with the NOLA first, then why not Rondo to PHX, Dragon to HOU and 1st and fillers to BOS?

Getting Rondo or even Dragic seem like pipe dreams and luxury gets IMO, but if the price is right ....

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Ainge is running out of leverage every second.

He will need to unload Rondo on someone.

And Danny will never get better value then he will right now.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

rondo for assets

19. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

rondo and bass for asik, parsons, lin

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Rondo and Harden seems like a bad idea... harden is a playmaker and so is rondo... so I feel like they might clash too much. Plus I'd rather have a shooter next to harden to space the floor. This trade would take our depth and hurt our offense.