1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets met with Sam Cassell for coaching position

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, May 4, 2016.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No one who has been coaching here the past seasons should get any consideration at all. Just a polite hand shake and thank you for your service "We wish you well on your next journey" type of gesture.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Like motivation, you mean? JB wasn't lacking in that area...the team just had issues beyond control...we shouldn't focus so much on this, if we're losing Dwight and tweaking the roster..

3. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6PLWvSqkDAU?start=48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^Probably wouldn't see eye to eye

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Ok. Sounds like you just don't think he'll be a good coach. He's not going to get head coaching experience until he gets it. Or lucks into a brief interim position lol. Or I guess goes to some lower tier college... Which I don't view as more meaningful than his assistant position in the NBA.

I'm not sure if he'll be a good head coach or not.

But I see no fault in the timing. He's credentialed ... Just hasn't done it at the HC level so a risk.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Doesnt matter if I think he'll be good or not..like you say, he's a risk at this point..we dont need that..no time to waste, other than whats the norm for a new coach.

6. Mutombo

Mutombo Member

Morey's plan is to form the ultimate coaching staff with JVG leading the pack. Nice!

7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

"Once you hire a Clutch City participant as head coach, only then reborn Clutch City will"

-Sam Cassel's Uncle Yoda

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm ok with risk. When the known commodities all have shortcomings... Some meaningfully so.

9. dwhite

dwhite Member

No more risks....we took one this year and failed. Sign Vogel or JVG and let's start winning again!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I've been a Sam proponent for a while. He's a winner, plain and simple. He was on the Rockets during our hay day. He's worked for some really good coaches and dealt with a lot of high caliber players. He embodies CLUTCH CITY! Let's bring back Sam!!!

1 person likes this.
  11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If Les is trying to form a Clutch City coaching staff....

That would be interesting.

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

and could fail really bad..............

13. ibm

ibm Member

where's mario's name mentioned anywhere?

if we're gonna hire a former rocket, he'd be the best imo.

1 person likes this.
  14. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I would absolutely LOVE the "big balls" dance to be HC. WOULD LOVE IT.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I love Sam. But I am wary of anyone who has been a Clipper. That franchise has contagious loser curse.

16. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I say no to anyone from this years coaching staff. It has already been proven that this coaching staff could not connect with these players in a way the demanded their focus. No JBB. No Finch.

If we hire a great offensive or defensive mind for HC than we need a strong opposite as lead assistant. A younger former player may not be a bad idea if he can command an entire teams focus. Much like the way Lue has done in Cleveland.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wasn't Sam I am trying to win another championship with KG, Lattrell Sprewell?

18. Granville

Granville Member

I wouldn't mind giving Sam a shot. Rudy T had less coaching experience and we see how that turned out. Players seem to like Sam

19. chandlerbang21

Morey doesnt want an established coach with there own gameplan. He wants someone he can mold to his analytic style

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It *did* . . until Sam got there
    People did not see how the backcourt of Sam and Cuttino turned that whole organization around

Rocket River