1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets made trade deadline bid for Lowry who wishes he did things differently in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Yellow

Yellow Member

Lowry over any star, even Aldridge or Love! He serves our needs the most, because he doesn't need the ball in his hands and TJ / D-Mo seems okay for now.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

The though of Lowry and Beverley defensively...... Bev's minutes would obviously drop a bit but that free's him up to exert more and not have to worry about picking up those BevFouls.....dat reputation

3. New

We will definitely get a lot of offensive stops

4. jayland

jayland Member

The Raptors aren't dumb. Lowry is almost vastly superior than Lin in every single aspect of the game. Aside from his stubborn attitude in the past, Lowry doesn't really have any weaknesses.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That's why dreams are dreams.

6. torocan

torocan Member

Actually, all things being equal, I think Lowry + Lin is a better choice than Lowry + Beverley.

Lowry is basically Beverley, but with scoring and ball handling. With Lowry on the roster, that would push Beverley to the 2nd unit, which is sorely in need of scoring punch.

A defensive bull dog for 15 minutes per game but who doesn't create a lot of offense is going to be of limited value on the 2nd unit. Yes, you have *some* defensive drop off in terms of man to man going from Beverley to Lin, but the offensive drop off is relatively larger.

Still, there's better uses for $8.3M in cap room than a 2nd unit PG. IF you had Lowry, it would further reduce Lin's role as Lowry can score offensively. So it would make more sense to move BOTH Lin and Beverley and try to pick up 2 role players who can score for that kind of financial commitment. A decent scoring PG + a reliable back up Center would do wonders once you move Asik. Toss in a back up 2/3 that can score more reliably than Casspi/Garcia and you might really have something.

As per comments on Lowry vs Rondo, I think Lowry would be a MUCH better fit than Rondo. Perimeter shooting, penetration, and the ability to defend in one package is not a small thing.

My personal opposition regarding Lowry returning to the Rockets was his personal attitude issues with McHale. If he's *truly* sorted that out, I think it's a good move on Morey to go after Lowry assuming the price is reasonable.

7. calcium

calcium Member

Dont know about you guys but I dont live at home anymore and I
    sometimes miss my parents very much and reminisce and think
    that we should be able to get along better than we did when I
    did live at home.

But when I do visit them, after about 36 hours, it returns to the state
    where we fight and argue about EVERYTHING.

I think the Lowry/McHale situation will be like that.

All good intentions from both parties aside, I think once the inevitable
    first losing streak happens, it will revert to the norm where the sulking
    and withdrawing will happen.

And then the problems will begin.

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

We already had AB come back....I guess it would be alright but to be honest, I kinda agree with the parents comparison. 3rd week in it would fall apart.

For now, as an overall direction the Rockets need to stash the Carmelo talk and focus on another wave of cheap talent to develop i.e. Parsons, Jones, Canaan...

Bring in the next wave, ride your big horses and if the right situation comes along to add a 3rd superstar then make the move. Assets yo. They blew a lot of them to get to now. Restock/reload, prepare for what's next and don't try to force it (like how Carmelo forces bad shots ohhhhhh)

9. haydenfisher342

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Lowry + Beverley for me because it would be a feistier and a more stable backcourt. They would take better care of the ball.

I am not a big fan of Lin's inconsistency and decision making.

11. torocan

torocan Member

My only question would be, who's going to score? =P

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

#Failed as usual. If you get excited by these worthless trade threads you really need to move out of your mom's basement.