1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets finalizing deal to send Omer Asik to New Orleans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 25, 2014.

?

Do you like the trade of Omer Asik for cap space and a protected first rounder?

1. YES

589 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. NO

79 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This sandwich is delicious. But I have not heard anything close about James Harden being traded. No boys, no.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Chances we add a Star FA?

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Yeah, I didn't think so. Just speculation from "Multiple Sources" Broussard trying to stir up some crap.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Lebron changed all of that... there wont be a bidding war for Melo, bc he isnt the biggest fish in the sea. And teams will just find ways to clear caps space unloading expirings in order to provide up to the max...

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Sorry for the stupid question, just not sure how the trade of picks works, protected first rounder? and what happens if its pick 1-3 or after 19?

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't think Lebron Melo + Dwight is any better than Lebron Wade and Bosh. Bosh can shoot from anywhere while Dwight can't. But Howard has low post and dominate inside. Dwade is better than Anthony because he has move that are consistent and clutch. I think Harden Lebron and Dwight is better. Both Harden and Lebron can attack the basket at will while Dwight is always unguardable inside.

8. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

I just tried to give you rep but i have to spread it around. Apparently, you've now become my second favorite poster after JR.

Thanks...

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

New Orleans keeps it and we do it all over again next year.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Same here. They shoot fireworks twice a year. The big day only comes once.

Building a family, making a home... this has got to be about a player that is not well liked. Maybe Lowry? Rondo/LeBron don't like each other? I think we all know Harden would prefer KD, but winning bonds brothers?

I think Codman is talking about a player we aren't thinking about.

Don't try to sneak anything past us! I'm assuming this is not about Earl of Sandwich, but you and doc rocket mentioned eating. Gotta figure this one out.

Edit: Apparently they call Aldridge "Lunchmeat".
    http://www.csnnw.com/blazers/why-lamarcus-aldridge-called-lunchmeat

#730 don grahamleone, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  11. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

You think Dwade is better than Melo? More clutch? Ok

Melo is gona have to work hard to rid himself of the image of his Denver days....i guess it's his own fault. There is only one other prolific scorer in the league other than Melo and that's Durant. But what makes Melo even more "clutch/lethal" is that he can do it on the block as well. He gets a bad wrap and he's just gona have to convince people he's not this selfish ball hog.

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

Pelicans are like a rehab ward. I suspect injuries will limit them; if they do get healthy, look out. I wonder how Anderson's doing after cervical disc surgery... Ryan Anderson and Channing Frye might be gettable stretch 4s.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>New Orleans is shopping forward Ryan Anderson and guard Austin Rivers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/482294253104955393">June 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe there is more to our deal?

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Unless its a threw way, unlikely.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If it wasn't for our free agent chase i'm sure we would of gladly swapped Asik for Anderson and Rivers, but no our deal is pretty much done. NOP just has to clear the space to receive Asik, which is why they are looking to dump Anderson and Rivers some where else.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm thinking more in the lines of participating in a three way to acquire another star. Maybe we send our draft pick to them and they send Anderson and Rivers to Minnesota.

17. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

i'd rather just get lebron and call it a day. getting carmelo with him would just be like a fat kid eating that 12th pie. it stops being basketball at that point and just an NBA2K trial run.

Totally agree with that, I don't want Lebrun I want to beat him though, let's get love or melo and beat everyone including the libron

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Possibly, but with Anderson's injury, I don't see much value at all with between him and Rivers.

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets likely to eventually flip Pels pick, source said, as they move toward next cap clearing move (re: Jeremy Lin) <a href="http://t.co/fPP4sENbyN">http://t.co/fPP4sENbyN</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/482301874469490688">June 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets likely to eventually flip Pels pick, source said, as they move toward next cap clearing move (re: Jeremy Lin) <a href="http://t.co/fPP4sENbyN">http://t.co/fPP4sENbyN</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/482301874469490688">June 26, 2014</a></blockquote>