1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets determined to sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2018.

1. 1234567

1234567 Member

Not worth paying Ariza $15m

Not worth paying Prince $4.3m not with a bad shoulder that can go at anytime

Now they must get Melo and the MLE is needed so it can be multi years.

Besides, trust the GM, he is not stupid, but the team doesn't have the money to get/keep all the players.

They will not do a high price multi year deal with Capella neither.

The market is not there so why pay too much?

Fans don't care and we are all better GM than who's in charge.

I think playing with CP3 and Harden will bring out the best from Melo and we will all be shocked how good he can be in his own way, I hope.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

We went into last season with RYNO as our starting PF and Ariza as our starting SF. Now you replace Anderson with Melo and Ariza with Tucker. No one expected career injury prone journeyman Luc Mah Bootay to be some savior to our defense. We'll replace him off the bench with another low key signing.

mario_v, lionaire and Shark44 like this.
  3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Tucker is more of bruiser defensively. We asked Ariza to guard everyone from PG to lengthy wings. I’m not Tucker will effectively be able to guard the PGs as well as Ariza did.

4. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

millsap is old and getting 30+ mil per season.. hard pass.
    do you really think millsap will be able to guard steph curry on the perimeter? donovan mitchell? maybe if he was 3-4 years younger...but he's no spring chicken anymore. our switch everything def is gonna put him into so many situations where he becomes bbq chicken... i don't even care what his offensive production is... if we happen to get melo, we need a long-armed wing.. not an undersized post player. we can't have pj guarding kd for the whole game either...

5. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

People, it's not like we like to lose those players. We simply got no cap space to offer them!!!

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

According to this article on TheScore.com, Melo is also seriously considering the Heat.

"Carmelo Anthony is reportedly expected to consider the Miami Heat an option if he's waived by the Oklahoma City Thunder, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

South Beach could be a logical destination for Anthony, with no go-to scorer on the roster and a struggling offense last season. The reputation of the Heat's "culture," however, could help Anthony regain some form as well as an opportunity to become a late-game closer, something they struggled with last year until their mid-season reunion with 36-year-old Dwyane Wade."

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

If they don’t bring I’m Melo this will be an utter disaster.

8. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Chandler got traded as a salary dump but also cause he sucks. They made it a priority to re-sign Barton who will take a lot of those minutes and make them an overall better team. Plus they gave Jokic a big extension.

Millsap at 30M for 2 years > Ryno at 20m for 2 years though.

They also drafted MPJr, who is going to sit out this year. Because they didn't try to add an NBA-ready guy through the draft or trade the pick away, they don't really care about contending for a ship this year. They're content with trying to make the playoffs and get experience for the guys and wait out the Warriors.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ariza & Luc? Yeah we do.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

he's going where the money is at. He used us for leverage and now we lost Luc for free

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol how much can Miami offer Melo?

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I wouldn't put it pass him, he's done it many times before.

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Not a lot. They are trying to avoid lux tax, which is why they haven't signed Ellington yet.

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

People we still have unused moveable assets.... just wait, there will be someone looking to pick up their bags and beg to come to houston for dirt. Ryno will eventually get moved and traded for the pieces we need. I trust Morey will find a way to put everything into place. We all should....

15. smp

smp Member

I think Melo could be a great fit with this group. I really hope it goes through this time!!!

16. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I think this will be a huge mistake even thou Paul is buddy buddy with him. I hope I'm wrong, but can't help to feel like I'm 99% right. Melo has been and always will be a loser in my mind. He's lost the 'do anything for the team' mentality a long time ago. He wants his points and doesn't want to work hard (aka play defense like everyone else should). Once he see's Harden slack on D for even a second it'll give him justification for his lazy ass to just shoot low percentage jumpers from way deep and jog back to play matador defense. This dude has a good jumper still...but he's too old for it to be consistently helpful and offset his pathetic defensive effort. If he'll take what Ariza was getting then it may be a wash...but that's a big 'if'.

kevtse likes this.
  17. No Chill Rocket

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I’m surprised they still have Whiteside. How about a Ryno for Whiteside trade haha. Save them $5 mil. Then SnT Clint somewhere

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

The problem is there isn’t much out there... we have to do something!

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Hell we are paying CP3 $40 million to defend PGs!

Chamillionaire likes this.