1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets determined to sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2018.

1. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Old man Melo for MLE isn’t bad plus if we could dump Anderson and picks for Bazemore or Batum that would be nice at this point, but we have to worry about Clint on top of all of those hypotheticals too. Dude wants to get paid and we aren’t interested in meeting his demands. We’re in a dicey spot.

Game7 likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’d take a Bazemore trade and adding Melo as a piece off the bench

ths balla likes this.
  3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Where is this Bazemore stuff coming from?

We have no trade pieces.

4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

We may be determined to sign Melo. But Melo is determined to felate Lebron. He is signing in LA and not only will we be jilted once again. We lost our defense and will have a disgruntled center. Really was a 1 year window.

5. pass_to_Hakeem

All you worms wanted Melo 2 years ago... now you change your tune! ‍♂️

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

just the typical hopes and dreams lol

GotGame15 and izeroi like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

*sigh* I already explained what the difference is...don’t feel like doing it again

8. aroundtheblock2

Butler-not going anywhere at all, its just not an option. Minnesota being a playoff team means a great deal to their franchise and they aren't going to screw it up after only one go at it.

Kevin Love-doesn't do anything for this team when it comes to the playoffs and playing GSW, theres not one player in that lineup he can defend and he's a bad defender anyways. On top of that the Rockets have nothing to give the Cavs that they would want back in return for Love. The Cavs want picks and younger talent for their rebuild, the Rockets have neither and they would have to take back Ryno, which is a non-starter. The assets aren't even close.

Bazemore-He doesn't really fit the mold of a SF, more shooting guard...not really an ideal player. We need someone who can defend 3s and 4s, I don't see Bazemore defending 4s at all.

Simmons-good player on a good deal, Rockets simply have nothing to give Orlando that would come close to the bargain they're getting with him.

Otto Porter-most expensive, but probably by far the best fit of the bunch and the Rockets have players that could slip into the Wizards rotation who are ready to play now.

I think Morey wants Porter but Porter is going to be making close to $30 million in the next few years, ouch.

clutchdabear likes this.
  9. Rokman

Rokman Member

The one trade that would make feel like Morey redeemed this off-season if he ends up getting Melo is if he were able to trade Ryan Anderson and a future 1st to Denver for Paul Millsap. They are looking to dump salary and Millsap is due $30 mil each of the next two years. They know they are not competing so might as well dump salary.

Rockets 2018-2019

PG - Chris Paul ............./ Rookie Guard
    SG - James Harden ...../ Eric Gordon
    SF - Carmelo Anthony../ Gerald Green
    PF - Paul Millsap ........./ PJ Tucker
    C - Clint Capela ........../ Nene.../ Hartenst.

That's luxury tax hell but it could buy a Championship. You lose Ariza from the Warriors series but add Anthony and Millsap. Could flip the balance.

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

Word.

11. aroundtheblock2

Is this a joke? Denver is trying to make the playoffs. They barely even had Paul Millsap on the court last year after paying him big bucks. I don't any way they add Ryan Anderson, he no more fits them than he does us.

Besides, Millsap is yet another player who would have difficultly playing against Golden State.

I don't know why this board insists on adding big man after big man after big man. The game has evolved WELLLLLLLLLL beyond big men. The best team possibly ever has not had a decent big man almost their entire run.

Kevin Love
    Paul Millsap
    Brook Lopez

etc.

These guys do no help against GSW.

kevtse and clutchdabear like this.
  12. Rokman

Rokman Member

You don't know anything about Millsap based on what you just said. He can do everything on the offensive end AND plays solid defense. Do yourself a favor and watch the highlights versus the Thunder from 3/30/18 last year. He was hitting shots from everywhere and went off for 36 points. That's his game. He's a stretch 4 that can bang and is the perfect fit on this team.

joshuaao likes this.
  13. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Well 1st I read fast...2nd owning your own business has its perks and 3rd stereotypes are for chumps...I am actually a scientist that does not just sit on said ass...this can be verified by folks on here...missed my point all together brah...

14. Spooner

Spooner Member

I'm not going to debate the possibility of Denver trading Millsap to Houston because I believe that is a slim chance. However your post makes me wonder if you have ever watched Millsap play.

15. Know Your Role

Maybe some aren't caught up on current events but Luc and Trevor were trash. We lost nothing. DM did good by identifying this playoff weakness and getting rid of it.

16. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Millsap actually wasn't a good fit with Jokic last year. But in a vacuum he's a good player and can definitely fit into our scheme.

Pretty unrealistic trade though. I'm sure Denver wants to give Millsap and Jokic another shot together (they want a versatile 4 that has some semblance on defense, they just have to figure out the offense when both are on the court)

17. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Rumor is they are taking a hard look at James Ennis III. He is a really similar player to Mbah A Moute with his stats. Some other options are Korver, Courtney Lee, and Bazemore all through trade. If we could swing an Anderson, Onuaku, stashed players like Lull, and draft picks for Korver and Love that would be awesome.

18. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

We would have to trade Anderson and picks for him. Possibly throw in Onuaku as well.

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

I agree it's unrealistic, it would redeem this off-season though and I do wonder if Denver really wants to pay $30 mil for a guy when they don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning a Championship the next two years. It has already been reported that they are looking to dump salary which is why they traded away Wilson Chandler. We're in win NOW mode and Tillman may just be willing to take on that level of salary if they are willing to dump it. I can't think of any team willing to take on a $30 million dollar player unless they thought they were one piece away from a Championship. That's us.

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Just start Tucker at the 3 and find a good defender to be backup 3/4 like Tucker. Not many 4's on teams that matter that will kill Melo so badly the rest of our offense can't keep up. We'll be fine. Against GS, no one is stopping KD so you might as well put Melo on him and let the Warriors keep trying to ISO KD to our benefit as we saw in the WCF.