1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: Rockets among suitors for Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thanks for the transcript J.R., much appreciated.

Vivi likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

he played plenty of minutes with KD and westbrook. coming off the bench was just a balance move, more so than not wanting to play off ball. harden playing off ball in okc was very good basketball.

And even if you want to believe harden doesn't want to play off ball which I dont when it comes to a player like cp3, that should be a huge red flag to anyone because he'll never win thinking he can just have the ball in his hands and everyone just watch him play. Especially when he needs other stars to join him. They're not going to come here for that.

Pen15clubber and Reeko like this.
  3. Ibaka

Ibaka Member

It will be snowing on July 4 in Houston before Chris Paul signs with the Rockets.

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Woj isn't leaking anything out of Morey's mouth that Morey doesn't want leaked. Notice it only says we are going after CP3, not Hayward not Blake Griffin. Rockets would be willing to pay any of them the max if they agreed to come here. There's a plan in place and I'd be wiling to guess that it's not contingent on CP3 coming to Houston.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm not disagreeing that CP3 is different, not at all.

I'm just making the point that this isn't the best fit, I get your argument though, we can't be picky. CP3 is an all-time great player. If he wants to play with Harden then you make it happen and if it fails...

YOLO and justtxyank like this.
  6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I agree with the Harden-no-desire-to-play-SG thought but the Dwight thing...I think you have to put in a Vacuum because fkn nobody wants to play with Dwight. That bit about him "developing a 3" was the icing on the douche cake. What a clown. Can't believe I defended him...anyway...

Really though, if he got CP3 here and decided he was going to add the off-ball effort to his repertoire? He'd be the most unbelievable offensive juggernaut of all time. back cuts and open looks off screens? add 10 to his game average easy. he'd average 40. easily.

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Harden doesn't fit with him nor any star player, forget about moving forward.

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

He's right. Paul doesn't fit in with the style of basketball that Les & MDA want to see played on the court.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

In my recollection, Harden did play plenty alongisde both KD and Westbrook, but even in those sets wasn't playing as much off the ball as you'd think. He came in a did a LOT of the ballhandling. But clearly he played off the ball as well.

But that was A LONG time ago, and every year he's gotten more and more stagnant, seemingly. Even if he wants to play off the ball, its not inherent in his DNA as a star NBA player. It will take a lot of time.

CP3 is somewhat similar to me. Can play off the ball, but it isn't inherently what makes him as star NBA player.

Basically A+B is less than the talent of those two individually, so to speak.

But if CP3 wants to come, absolutely you take him.

And of course you could always do something like:
    Harden, Lou Williams for PG13, Thad Young

CP3, Bev
    Gordon, TBD
    PG13, Ariza
    Anderson, Thad Young
    Capela, Nene

Not that I have any more faith in a CP3 led team to go far in the playoffs, but it's a better fit of players, including plenty of two way players.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's definitely you. It's in your post history from your profile page. How the hell else would I find it?

Here's the link:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/maybe-well-be-good.276444/page-4#post-10625008

Nice try though.

11. 1Deep

1Deep Member

The quote was made by some dude named Rockets 03'. If you look more closely you'll see other people responding to his post stating we would not win more than 38 games. I was telling him the only way we would win 38 gms or less would be due to injury. Why would I create a thread saying we'll be good and then say we're going to suck in the same thread? C'mon man

12. threepointshot3

Eric Gordon and Lou Williams played just fine with Harden..

13. malakas

malakas Member

Thank god for the trade season and the rumours. That's the only thing left interesting about the NBA.

Yaosthirdleg and Vivi like this.
  14. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

The rockets pull a last season and sign teo players from Western conference team ala Gordon and Anderson. Except this year CP3 and Griffin come make a super team in Houston to dethrone warriors! Possible?

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

CP3-Harden-Ariza-Griffin-Capela

That would be one hell of a starting lineup. Impossible, but hey maybe if we can get Ballmer drunk and get him to take Ryan Anderson off our hands... lmao.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

This could work if Harden and/or coaching has told Morey he would prefer to go back to being a true 2, off-ball guard.

I'm sure Harden wouldn't mind changing his role to accommodate an all-time great PG like CP3.

Forget fit. If you don't have a super team yet, your philosophy should be "Acquire elite talent, ask questions later." That's always been Morey's mantra.

Chanmarr and BigMaloe like this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Makes sense as a backup plan in case the Rockets fail to land Patrick Patterson.

Gorki, Deuce, TexasRedd and 5 others like this.
  18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Paul-Harden is a better back-court talent-wise than Curry-Thompson. OH WAIT BUT THEY ALSO HAVE DURANT AND DRAYMOND HAHAHAHA F THE NBA.

19. rockets13champs

Dude harden is still in his prime that's dumbest thing I've ever heard

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

Since we're all skeptical(including myself) that we will actually land said FA/trade target, this will probably be the time when we actually get said FA/trade target.

Vivi likes this.